GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

On Market for new rotors and pads

Discussion in 'Lifted & Offroad Suspension' started by ippielb, Jun 30, 2009.

1. ippielb

ippielb New Member

My truck needs all new brakes. I got some money to do this with now. And i need them badly. anyone know of factory strength rotors, with increased stopping power, and high performance brake pads? Also, I'm on a budget.

Thanks.
  2. 99'HEARTBEAT

99'HEARTBEAT Moderator

3. TheUnit

TheUnit New Member

4. ct9a

ct9a New Member

I went with the Summit Racing package. The rotors seem to be of high quality, but the pads aren't the best. Don't get me wrong, they're better than stock and I've had worse, but I've also had better. I personally like the Hawk HP pads (I've only had them on my sports cars though, never on my truck). The Summit package might be a good compromise for performance/budget.
  5. 2COR517

2COR517 New Member

For rotors, I have had the best luck with NAPA Heavy Duty. For pads, I think I like the performance of less expensive pads better. I have never done brakes with anything other typical autostore replacement style parts, so I cannot comment on the others.
  6. TRPLXL2

TRPLXL2 New Member

EBC is my main source of braking stuff, they also have slotted rotors but I usually stick with the regular rotors. I use the "Greenstuff" brake pads and they have hardly any brake dust, so your fancy new wheels stay cleaner longer. They also have "yellowstuff" pads, those are high performance pads that create a little more dust but they will make you stop in an even shorter distance.
  7. ct9a

ct9a New Member

I forgot to mention that the rotors the came from Summit are slotted and dimpled.
  8. ippielb

ippielb New Member

Mhmm, put my truck in the shop today. And damn, $110 an hour for check engine light diagnosis. I didn't want them to change my rotors and pads! That would would cost a fortune! Now, I'll be ordering my brakes and stuff after i get my truck out of the shop, to see how much money i have left from my paycheck.
  9. bob13

bob13 New Member

For the money I am really happy with the NAPA Ultra Premiums rotors and gold pads.
  10. Jacqson

Jacqson New Member

Powerslot Rotors, Hawk LTS Pads and Russell Stainless Brake Lines. That's the setup I have on my 2500 and it's a day and night difference from the OEM stuff. Reasonably priced as well.
  11. Marcus

Marcus New Member

I have always used NAPA brakes and now I work there but if you go in and decide to use napa just ask for the UP (Ultra Premium) rotors and UP brake pads. Always have treated me well and last pretty long too.
  12. 2COR517

2COR517 New Member

I have always seemed to get the best feeling brakes from cheap linings. Good rotors/drums and cheap pads/shoes. Obviously the pads don't last as long, but as easy as they are to change, I don't care. And it makes you take care of your caliper slides more frequently. Just put a set of $19 Valuecraft from Autozone on the 3/4 ton truck. The are much better than the NAPA Heavy Duty stuff I took out. The old one's were just too hard, they never should have lasted over 40k the way I use the truck. They took alot of life off the rotors, too. But the rotors are NAPA heavy duty too. So there's plenty of life left, and absolutely no warping.
  13. ippielb

ippielb New Member

Well, i didn't want to spend all my money so i went with the cheap way out, got stock rotors, and cheap pads. Look really good, not rusty, just gotta put them on my truck.
  14. Darknesss23

Darknesss23 New Member

Brembo Brakes :)