On Market for new rotors and pads

Discussion in 'Lifted & Offroad Suspension' started by ippielb, Jun 30, 2009.

1. ippielb

ippielb Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

My truck needs all new brakes. I got some money to do this with now. And i need them badly. anyone know of factory strength rotors, with increased stopping power, and high performance brake pads? Also, I'm on a budget.

Thanks.

2. 99'HEARTBEAT

99'HEARTBEAT Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

3. TheUnit

TheUnit Rockstar

4. ct9a

ct9a Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

I went with the Summit Racing package. The rotors seem to be of high quality, but the pads aren't the best. Don't get me wrong, they're better than stock and I've had worse, but I've also had better. I personally like the Hawk HP pads (I've only had them on my sports cars though, never on my truck). The Summit package might be a good compromise for performance/budget.

5. 2COR517

2COR517 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

For rotors, I have had the best luck with NAPA Heavy Duty. For pads, I think I like the performance of less expensive pads better. I have never done brakes with anything other typical autostore replacement style parts, so I cannot comment on the others.

6. TRPLXL2

TRPLXL2 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

EBC is my main source of braking stuff, they also have slotted rotors but I usually stick with the regular rotors. I use the "Greenstuff" brake pads and they have hardly any brake dust, so your fancy new wheels stay cleaner longer. They also have "yellowstuff" pads, those are high performance pads that create a little more dust but they will make you stop in an even shorter distance.

7. ct9a

ct9a Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

I forgot to mention that the rotors the came from Summit are slotted and dimpled.

8. ippielb

ippielb Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Mhmm, put my truck in the shop today. And damn, $110 an hour for check engine light diagnosis. I didn't want them to change my rotors and pads! That would would cost a fortune! Now, I'll be ordering my brakes and stuff after i get my truck out of the shop, to see how much money i have left from my paycheck.

9. bob13

bob13 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

For the money I am really happy with the NAPA Ultra Premiums rotors and gold pads.

10. Jacqson

Jacqson Rockstar 100 Posts

Powerslot Rotors, Hawk LTS Pads and Russell Stainless Brake Lines. That's the setup I have on my 2500 and it's a day and night difference from the OEM stuff. Reasonably priced as well.