Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

on the level, really!!! Level headed?? HUH?? [Expired Topic]

Discussion in 'Chevy Suburban Forum (GMC Yukon XL)' started by army dude, Jan 24, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. army dude

army dude New Member

OK, newbie question here.... Be easy on me...

I have a 92 454 3/4 ton k2500 4wd sub with about 180,000 on it. I love my truck to death EXCEPT for the little rake in the attitude of the front end. I do have a 3" body lift on it and 32's on convo pro rims and it looks sweet EXCEPT for the rake in the front end. I have been ALL over everywhere trying to find a front end leveling kit or SOMETHING to raise the front end about an 1 1/2 to make it level. It just grabs my eye everytime I see it. Like the front end sticking out more than the rear. To fix that I will put duals on w/ fenders. But, I am looking for some solution for my front end. Any ideas?? All suspension has been replaced and improved, bushings, shocks etc. Ok, so , what you got ????

Ian in Iraq...Again

1 person likes this.
  2. ChevyFan

ChevyFan November Beard Grower - Cancer Fighter Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

First of all, thanks for stepping up and doing your part in Iraq. Keep safe.

Secondly, I'm not exaclty certain what you're talking about. Do you have a photo of what it looks like and what you want it to look like?

3. TrailLeadr

TrailLeadr Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

4. tlhodgson

tlhodgson New Member

levelling

Ian,

I have never done this myself, but I know people who have. You can level the truck by cranking the torsion bars underneath the truck. It is easiest if you put the truck on jackstands to relieve some of the pressure. The Haynes manual doesn't say much about it. Its easy to change it back if you dont like it.

5. TrailLeadr

TrailLeadr Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Aside of a VERY stiff ride, the only drawback to cranking the torsion bars is that unless you have a kit installed to compensate, followed by an alignment, you're going to chew your tires up in no time, and find yourself in need of new tires.:eek:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.