1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Once again, we're looking at a new Traverse

Discussion in 'Chevy Traverse Forum (GMC Acadia, Buick Enclave)' started by ChevyFan, Jul 9, 2011.

1. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

I'm going to look at the new incentives for the 2011 Chevy Traverse and see if it makes sense for me to pick one of them up. I have driven them as demos and I think that it's pretty awesome.+
  2. pmf608

pmf608 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

I hope that works out for you. We have rented Enclaves before, and that platform is really nice. I'm sure that would be a welcome change after dealing with the HHR from Enterprise too.
  3. ChevyFan

Hah, the HHR is actually pretty nice. It is not going to be big enough for us overall, and it really is not big enough for me anyhow just for driver comfort. Plus we can not get a baby car seat, a child car seat and a booster seat in there.
  4. pmf608

pmf608 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Yeah, that sounds like you definitely need a fairly big vehicle. I've found the Traverse platform is pretty nice for that. They're not unnecessarily big and bulky, but there is lots of passenger space, especially in the back. It seems like a pretty solid choice for a family vehicle.
  5. phoebeisis

phoebeisis Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

If you could go smaller- lots of folks on the mpg forums are fond of the Equinox- it has a 4 cyl with a 6 speed AT 187" length-decent sized.
    It is EPA rated 22/32 which means it gets an honest 35-36 mpg hy.
    Of course the Traverse probably gets an honest 27 mpg hy and on long road trips roomy is good, very good.Traveling in a smaller vehicle is more tiring on long trips.
    Charlie
  6. ChevyFan

With the three kids now and having to take an occasional trip with a mother-in-law, we're looking at 7-passenger vehicles. So the Traverse is definately on the top of the list and they have good incentives right now I think I heard on the radio today.
  7. GM Customer Service

GM Customer Service Rockstar 4 Years 500 Posts

I can also look into incentive information for you with your zip code. You can alse get more information on the chevrolet.com page or by using the chat tool on the site. Feel free to contact me via private message. Good luck with your purchase!

Tricia, GM Customer Service.
  8. 22wvufrash22

22wvufrash22 Member

We have a 2010 Traverse and love it. One of my favorite vehicles I have owned to drive, tons of room for the kids, my 3 are 5 to 14, great cargo room, and the vehicle will really go when you want it to and makes you forget that you are driving a family vehicle. I don't know anyone who has one that doesn't love it.
  9. Pikey

Pikey Moderator Staff Member 2 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

You can not fit two car seats in the rear and still have room for someone to sit.
  10. retired2001

retired2001 Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

I've looked at them and was impressed! I thought that it might replace the Tahoe, when they first came out.