One more Impala fun story

Discussion in 'Chevy Impala Forum' started by Cableguy, Feb 10, 2007.

1. Cableguy

Cableguy Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I was heading back from my Dads place in Castleton Ontario back to Oshawa Ontario (Canada) No wife, No kids. (Ya you see where I'm going with this) about a 50 min drive. Feeling a bit saucing. I pull onto 401 hwy (on a sunday evening, was dead for some reason) straighten her out on long stretch. I take a good look around for Ontario provincial police and slowly ease into it.(no sense in mashing it) 60mph....80mph....100mph....120mph....135mph.
    Looking down at speedo (I think I said holy crap out loud to myself.) I could just start to feel drive shaft was out of balance. Thinkin maybe I should let go...when I check my mirror in horror I see a MERCEDES-BENZ 500 at my back door (literally) he scared the crap out of me cause I didn't see him coming up. At a 145mph you don't someone beside you. I let go at 150. that dude smiled and drove off. He was still climbing. (I"m thinking does a benz come with rocket pack option..)

2. ChevyFan

ChevyFan The Sheriff Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Well, there are cars and then there are cars. :)

My (former) Uncle had a Mercades about 15 years ago we went to see the movie Toy Story when it came out after a big Thanksgiving feast, etc. He let me drive, I was like 18 or 19. He said to punch it, so I got it up to about 100 MPH in a residental area. :)

3. bricssig73

bricssig73 New Member

Even when i didnt have the Bu yet, i still had trouble sleeping. I could not stop thinking about it, so i know how you feel. I hope you really enjoy it and post some pics soon.

4. TrailLeadr

TrailLeadr Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Eh....what now?

I'm watching you:no: