1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

One sweet 2014 GMC and my 5000th Post..

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Talk & GM News' started by Enkeiavalanche, Dec 30, 2013.

1. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Moderator ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Hello everyone First off this is my 5000th post on this great site.. I just want to say Thanks to everyone on here..

And here's a nice 2014 GMC for you to check out...

Posted: December 29, 2013
    [h=2]Mission Accomplished[/h][h=3]U.S. Marine Mike Dunlap built a custom pickup by incorporating his vision, with manufacturers who are helping to expand the truck accessory marketplace.[/h]By Dan Sanchez

[​IMG]After serving several tours, U.S. Marine Mike Dunlap wanted to build the coolest pickup trucks he could imagine. Dunlap's interest and knack for building trucks has resulted in having them displayed at two SEMA Shows in Las Vegas, Nevada, and grace the pages in national truck publications. His latest project is this 2014 GMC Sierra that he built with the help of tonneau manufacturer, Truck Covers U.S.A.
    The truck features a Full Throttle suspension system that was installed by ATF Motorsports, and allowed Dunlap to add a set of 37-inch Toyo Open Country M/T tires and BMF 22-inch diameter wheels. The Truck Covers U.S.A. American Roll Cover fits over the bed of the pickup, and a set of Rigid Industries light bars are situated on the roof and front of the vehicle. A T-Rex X-Metal grille replaced the factory unit and a set of N-Fab bumpers and steps finish off the truck's off-road styling.
    [​IMG]Inside the cab, Dunlap had Katzkin provide an interior upholstery upgrade that was installed by Buds Beach Cities Upholstery. The truck was also given a bit more horsepower with the help of an MBRP exhaust system, Bully Dog GT tuner and an AFE air intake system.
    There's no doubt that Dunlap's vision is definitely setting trends using existing products available in the truck accessory industry. While truck has only begun to gain attention, it will most definitely help to promote the many sponsors and products it took to make this truck a reality. But perhaps the most important aspect of Dunlap's creation is that it demonstrates how a stock truck can be transformed from into the vehicle of someone's imagination, all with parts that are readily available. With a little inspiration from custom vehicles like Dunlap’s, truck accessory retailers can also help their customers build the vehicles of their dreams using existing, or readily available inventory from manufacturers like those who sponsored this truck, who are also moving the truck accessory product marketplace into a new reality.

[​IMG]
    Dunlap's vision for this cool off-road styled pickup, includes a Truck Covers U.S.A American Roll Cover. The company has helped Dunlap create his visions for the past few years, and he's helped promote Truck Covers U.S.A.'s products to consumers and retailers that are attracted to the vehicle's he's built.

[​IMG]
    A set of Toyo Open Country M/T tires are used with BMF 22-inch diameter wheels.

[​IMG]The truck was lifted using a Full Throttle suspension system to gain seven inches of lift.

[​IMG]
    A T-Rex X-metal grille, Rigid Industries LED lights and N-Fab bumpers easily transform the 2014 GMC into one of the coolest off-road styled pickups at the 2013 SEMA Show in Las Vegas, Nevada.

Images and Photos Courtesy of:
    Truck Covers U.S.A.
    8970 Crestmar Point
    San Diego, CA 92121-3216
    (888) 808-2872
    www.truckcoverusa.com

T-Rex Truck Products, Inc.
    2365 Rail Road
    Corona, CA 92880
    (951) 270-5388
    www.trexbillet.com
  2. summitwhite11

summitwhite11 Member

That is one awesome truck.
    5k post, Enkei there should be an award for that of sorts, a GMTC jacket or something,
  3. the phantom

the phantom Active Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Congrats [MENTION=34858]Enkeiavalanche[/MENTION] on 5k!!!:party:

I like the rear bumper and bed cover on the truck!!

On a negative note: I see nothing mentioning that the gearing was changed in the truck. There is no way that truck gets up and gos at all with 37 inch tires and stock gearing. As I am told the transmissions now are bullet proof but it still must be constantly hunting for gears at highway speeds and when you want to get up and go I bet it downshifts at least 2 times if not 3. I would hope it was done and just not mentioned due to no appearance value.

Awesome looking truck but I like mine better.:rofl:
  4. Danthaman

Danthaman New Member

I have close to the same vision as that. I would have put on a paint job and did beefer bumpers. Congrats on the 5,000 post!!!!
  5. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Moderator ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Thanks Guys......I'm such a [​IMG] [​IMG] See you soon....
  6. Sierraowner5.3

Sierraowner5.3 Active Member 1000 Posts

bleck, dont like that at all.

not a fan of the new sierras.

Alex
  7. jsmith4816

jsmith4816 Member

Not a fan of the the grille, other than that, pretty sweet truck. Really like the rigid lights too
  8. reggiecab2000

reggiecab2000 Member

that is one sexy truck!