Online Database?

Discussion in 'Chevy Suburban Forum (GMC Yukon XL)' started by Devil Doc, Mar 2, 2014.

1. Devil Doc

Devil Doc New Member

Awesome info Chris! I am sitting on hold as I type this. You said that you converted your vehicle from a 1/2 ton to a 3/4 ton, were you able to use the electronic transmission of the 3/4 ton on your 1/2 ton? Is that possible? If so, how?

I was told that they can email me the original invoice for $50. That's it.

Thanks Chris, for the info.

Jeff

2. Crawdaddy

Crawdaddy ↑↑↑ Has no life Staff Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Hmm. That's weird that they couldn't get you a restoration kit. Next week I can scan mine if you want. My kit is for a 91 but an 89 should be nearly identical.

In terms of my 3/4 ton conversion, I did keep my original 700R4 transmission. The 3/4 ton Suburban would have technically gotten a 4L80E transmission, but the 700R4 was used in light-duty 6 lug 3/4 ton pickups, so it can handle the abuse well enough. The full details of my conversion project can be seen here: http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sh...roject-91-Suburban?highlight=highly ambitious

3. Scrufdog

Scrufdog New Member

4. Crawdaddy

Crawdaddy ↑↑↑ Has no life Staff Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

5. Devil Doc

Devil Doc New Member

Yes, thank you Scrufdog! Awesome find!