1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Online Database?

Discussion in 'Chevy Suburban Forum (GMC Yukon XL)' started by Devil Doc, Mar 2, 2014.

Random Gallery Photos

1. Devil Doc

Devil Doc New Member

Awesome info Chris! I am sitting on hold as I type this. You said that you converted your vehicle from a 1/2 ton to a 3/4 ton, were you able to use the electronic transmission of the 3/4 ton on your 1/2 ton? Is that possible? If so, how?

I was told that they can email me the original invoice for $50. That's it.

Thanks Chris, for the info.

Jeff
  2. Crawdaddy

Crawdaddy Moderator Staff Member Platinum Contributor 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Hmm. That's weird that they couldn't get you a restoration kit. Next week I can scan mine if you want. My kit is for a 91 but an 89 should be nearly identical.

In terms of my 3/4 ton conversion, I did keep my original 700R4 transmission. The 3/4 ton Suburban would have technically gotten a 4L80E transmission, but the 700R4 was used in light-duty 6 lug 3/4 ton pickups, so it can handle the abuse well enough. The full details of my conversion project can be seen here: http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sh...roject-91-Suburban?highlight=highly ambitious
  3. Scrufdog

Scrufdog New Member

4. Crawdaddy

Crawdaddy Moderator Staff Member Platinum Contributor 1000 Posts 100 Posts

5. Devil Doc

Devil Doc New Member

Yes, thank you Scrufdog! Awesome find!