Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Only the 6.0L on the newer 2500 Burbs?

Discussion in 'Chevy Suburban Forum (GMC Yukon XL)' started by sap_man, May 2, 2010.

1. sap_man

sap_man New Member

Anyone know why the '08+ 1500 Suburban Denali's have the 6.2L motor and the 2500's ONLY have a 6.0L and no option for the 6.2L?

Just curious as it would seem that it the 2500's could have the 6.2L option.

:neutral:

2. murdog94

murdog94 Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

That would make your 2500HD chevy into a Denali GMC and take away sales and eat into the $15K profit that they get from a Denali.

3. Sandhopper

Sandhopper Rockstar 100 Posts

I think GM would sell a lot more 2500 Burbans if they would drop in a diesel or go back to offering the big block. I don't see nearly as many 2500's in the new body as the 2000-2006 and there are even more 99-older 2500's. Seems like GM is pushing everyone to pick-ups for towing. I tried waiting as long as I could for GM to get off the pot on bringing back the diesel but I had to pull the trigger. With out ordering one, I could not find a new 2500 Burban so I setteled for a 1500 Z71 to hold me over until either GM offers another option or (God forbid) they retire it.

Last edited: May 2, 2010
  4. Sandhopper

Sandhopper Rockstar 100 Posts

You can get the Escalade in either 2wd or AWD. I would rather have the part time option so I can have the best of both worlds. Rwd handling on the hwy and the ability to take it off the pavement with 4WD. We looked at the Escalade and the Denali but I really did not see the value of the AWD.

5. sap_man

sap_man New Member

I agree. We were towing a travel trailer with a 2000 'Burb 1500 and was a bit under powered IMHO. I did manage to find a '09 'Burb 2500 LT (LT2 package) -which was hard to find. I would have liked to see a bit more HP like in the 6.2L, but the 2500's currently only come in the 6.0L It would seem for the 2500 as it's a HD, they would have dropped in the 6.2L.... go-figure?

All in all, very psyched about our new 'Burb as it is a world of difference from our old 2000.

:happy:

6. 2COR517

2COR517 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

I don't know much about the 6.2, but the 6.0 is proven in 3/4 ton apps, and is probably more suited for heavy towing. They can be modded for more power. Your pocket book is the limiting factor. Given the popularity of the crew cab pickups, the market for heavy Subs is probably limited.

The death of the Big Block is just plain sad.

7. murdog94

murdog94 Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

I agree with the big block comment...

8. vncj96

vncj96 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

The 6.0l in the 2500 is different then the 6.0 max, its tuned different. the 8.1 even though yes was a big block was not popular in the fact that it had to be detuned in essence for a truck application to not tear the tranny apart or hooking it to the very expensive Allison tranny. Alot of 8.1 owners that also had the 6.0 in a 2500 said the same thing, the 6.0 had better use of its power in lower rpms, and the 6.0 had almost the same power rating as the 8.1L so thats why it went away. the 6.0 was too good a motor is what it came down to. its the same consept as the current 427 that was in last Z06 big block cubes and power out of a stroked and bored small block. technology has made the BB obsolete, you can achieve the same power numbers in a more eco friendly small block