1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

OnStar - Push-On Sweepstakes

Discussion in 'Contests & Giveaways' started by AzDragonLord, Mar 29, 2011.

1. AzDragonLord

AzDragonLord New Member

Official rules...
    http://www2.onstar.com/web/portal/p...On_|_Sweepstakes_|_onstar_push_on_sweepstakes

According to the fine print...

"To help defray vehicle winners' delivery expenses such as imputed taxes, sales tax, if any, dealer preparation fees, title, license, registration fees and destination charges, Sponsor will pay each prize winner a cash supplement in the amount of $25,000USD/$24,858CAD, which may be applied to winners' vehicle costs as a requirement of delivery and may not cover all delivery expenses, which must be paid by winner."

So does this mean they'll cover ONLY $25,000 of vehicle cost, and any cost above that is solely on the prize winner? Any new car or truck will be difficult to purchase for less than that.
  2. Blacksheep1

Blacksheep1 New Member

Sure sounds like it to me
  3. NCN8ive

NCN8ive New Member

Earlier in the fine print
    "the estimated VRV of each prize vehicle not to exceed $131,681USD/$130,937CAD, not including cash supplements described below."

And directly after what was quoted above.
    "All U.S. winners will receive an IRS Form 1099-MISC for tax purposes, combining the total amounts of the delivered vehicle's total VRV plus the cash supplement."

Sounds to me like the $25,000 is for taxes, registration and any delivery costs associated with the winner's vehicle.
  4. AzDragonLord

AzDragonLord New Member

That makes more sense.
  5. 383man

383man New Member ROTM Winner

well i already pushed my button for the contest, but I know better than to think i'll win, I don't think i've ever won anything of significance before in my life, hell, even on senior fun night back in the day I only won a couple of cheap crappy prizes out of the hundreds of tv's and computers given away lol.
  6. dsfloyd

dsfloyd New Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

my truck doesnt have one of those fancy blue buttons:grrrrrr:. I could go for a camaro or corvette:party:
  7. Als09Sierra

Als09Sierra Active Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I think you can still enter by calling or going to their website, but don't quote me on that.