Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Onstar

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Talk & GM News' started by linxx, Apr 20, 2012.

1. linxx

linxx New Member

Does anyone know where to locate and how to disable/disconnect the onstar module in a 2011 Sierra?

2. Jaele

Jaele Rockstar 100 Posts

pretty sure its the small box located behind the glove box. as in how to disable it i guess pull all the plugs and hope it doesnt break anything else lol. But I would wait for someone else with more info to respond =p

May I ask why you want to disable it? You dont wear a foil hat do you? You should also introduce your self to the forums.

3. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Here's a post for 99-06's: http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sh...r-in-Onstar-equipped-99-06-Silverados-Sierras

Your unit likely won't be identical but it's probably located in or near the same place since GM deliberately buries these units in hard-to-reach and/or inobvious places so that thieves can't easily disconnect them. All of our trucks have a cavity around the passenger-side airbag and it makes for a good location for GM...

Surreal

Last edited: Apr 22, 2012
  4. Curky

Curky Active Member 2 Years 1000 Posts

I disconnected my OnStar on my G6 not my truck yet, all I didwas follow a video on you tube. It worked for me after I found the correctvideo. Here is a link you can check out. If you don’t trust it, then you don’tand don’t do it. It did work for me. There are a lot of people that disagreewith doing his way (by using a video online). Up to you. .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZMlhs_-PaHk