Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

OPEN DISCUSSION - Updating GMTC layout, theme, front-page and more

Discussion in 'Announcements & Feedback' started by ChevyFan, Jan 30, 2013.

1. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

I just don't know Steve.. I think they want Chat back... What do you think? [​IMG]

2. PantheraUncia

PantheraUncia Active Member 2 Years 1000 Posts

I joined when the original chat was up and really miss that chat, even if it did not have all the features of the newer one that was installed and then removed because it actually made the site feel like a community instead of pulling it apart.

I also "like" the newer layout and understand that from a revenue standpoint, you need to have the adds, but there is a trade off.

I come to this site for information, and with the adds taking so much space, that is less space for the information I am looking for, and that in turn means I am using this site allot less than I use to which I assume you are trying to up the memberships, visitors , hits, etc.

If I want to see add's I will turn the tv on.... or use an add free site, even if it means I need a membership to stop the adds.

3. Jamm3r

Jamm3r Member 1 Year 100 Posts

I would like to see the technical forums split up by era rather than by body type.

In other words most of my NBS posts apply equally to Yukon, Suburban, and Pickups. But they don't apply to NNBS trucks of any configuration.

So I have to choose whether to post them in the pickup or SUV forum and either way they get mixed up with obs and nnbs threads that aren't related.

4. ChevyFan

ChevyFan November Beard Grower - Cancer Fighter Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

This is good stuff, I'm having a lot of internal thoughts about stuff like this and I think there is something here that is pretty deep, but I'm not quite sure how to address it and make proper changes ...

5. Pikey

Pikey Moderator Staff Member 3 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

As far as the ads go, I don't mind them at all. It is not like they are intrusive. They do not mess up the flow of threads. I have been on some forums where the ads show up as posts in the middle of a thread. That is terribly annoying.

6. Conlan Rose

Conlan Rose Active Member 2 Years 1000 Posts

I love the current layout and interface. I do like the idea about creating categories for each gen (OBS, NBS, NNBS, etc.) The change in the emails recently freaked me because I wasn't ready for it. The new email format doesn't put enough space between the new post and the basic text making it confusing.

7. ChevyFan

ChevyFan November Beard Grower - Cancer Fighter Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Ok, the first changes will come in the next few weeks and it will address the front "home" page first more than anything else. Right now that section doesn't work very well and is very ugly to look at so cleaning that up with news & information will help a lot with the way that information flows on the site. I don't have many changes planned for the "forum" right now actually.

8. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Where are the things that people indicated in this thread prioritized? Any time frame for those things?

9. ChevyFan

Yeah, I have an entire list of things that I have planned and believe me I'm taking everyone's input ... long-term members get more say-so than a new-member for sure. I have plans to sketch out the changes and will start to roll them out in a mixture of what's the easiest to what's the most needed.

10. 1BadSierra2011

1BadSierra2011 Member 1 Year

I think a change of color scheme would be nice, and maybe a new updated chat system. They have the ones where you can click an icon to chat, and it brings up a different window to chat in. And can have seperate chat rooms for the admins, for different topics, etc etc. Just my two cents!