1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Opinion about durability & fuel mileage of the Colorado

Discussion in 'Chevy Colorado Forum (GMC Canyon)' started by adoc1951, Dec 30, 2011.

1. adoc1951

adoc1951 New Member

Could anyone tell me how their Colorado has held up over time & what fuel mileage their getting with the V6?
  2. seffieldvillage@aol.com

seffieldvillage@aol.com Rockstar 100 Posts

I have a 2004 Colorado with the inline 5 cylinder which Is what I think you mean, unless somebody did an engine swap to put a 6 cylinder in it? The only thing that has went bad was my gas cap, which the dealer did under warranty but this is a normal problem in any vehicle. Other than that absolutely nothing else has gone wrong, and I have over 75,000 miles on it to date.

Before I lifted it and put bigger tires on it, I was getting around 26mpg average. Now I am lucky If I get 18mpg with the 33" tires, and 5" spindle lift.

WELCOME TO THE CLUB!!
  3. retired2001

retired2001 Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Welcome to the site ! Happy New Year! I have about 38000 miles on my 2010 V8 C/C and avg. 18 mpg. No real problems except for a tire pressure monitor went bad under warranty. I would be getting better mileage, but with 4:10 gears it isn't too bad.