1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Opinion on Catalytic converter brands

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by Dr_Zero, May 12, 2010.

1. Dr_Zero

Dr_Zero Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

Like I have mentioned on some other thread I need to replace the cats on my wifes Yukon and I have been looking at the Maganaflow setup at partstrain but they also have Eastern and Catco.

Catco has got a bad rep the other 2 I havent seen anyting really on them so does anyone here have any experience with Eastern or Magnaflow?

And while Im asking what about Partstrain I have never ordered from them any good?

http://www.resellerratings.com/store/Parts_Train
  2. TrailLeadr

TrailLeadr Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

In regard to partstrain, I have ordered from them. I can't say that it was a great experience, but it was trouble free. I got what I ordered, which was a fog light assy for the '02 avalanche. Came in decent time, as described, blah blah. So I'd say they're pretty good. Definitely no complaints about the transaction. My only complaint to date is that I'm now on their marketing list. so I get bi-monthly emails from them.

I'm sure I could unsubscribe, but it's really just easier to delete them.
  3. kburb

kburb Rockstar ROTM Winner 100 Posts

check out ebay, i have read on other performance sites the it is one is the same as the other. Not real sure about it.
  4. Dr_Zero

Dr_Zero Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

I have been looking and found a manaflow for about 280 with free delivery so I think I might go for that one.:great:
  5. jcerny

jcerny New Member

Be careful with the cheap cats. They work for a while and then start throwing cat efficiency codes. Trust me, I know from experience.