Opinion on JL W6

Discussion in 'Audio, Video & Gadget Tech' started by horsch32, Jun 22, 2010.

Newest Photos

1. horsch32

horsch32 New Member

Whats your opinion on a 12" JL W6 with the JL 500/1 amp in a 96 silverado?
    Presently has a bazooka tube, but need to get that out, came with the truck thats why it was in there.
  2. Crawdaddy

Crawdaddy Moderator Staff Member Platinum Contributor 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Nice idea, but I see a potential issue. First, all the W6 line of JL Audio subs require a decent amount of air space to operate well, 2.82 cubic feet for the 12W6v2. Do you have that much airspace to spare? Perhaps you could get away with a 10W6v2 which only requires 1.18 cubic feet of space, basically enough space to fit the basket and magnet into, which is at least 7 inches.

The amp will be a good match to either the 10W6 or the 12W6, both can RMS 600 watts easy.

Mull it over...
  3. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Moderator 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Great tight Sounding Sub and a Great Amp to go with it...But as said above.. If you have the room use it.. I've seen custom boxes with the W7 in the Center in that truck.. So it's all up to you and what and where you want to put it...

Good Luck and please post pics...
  4. horsch32

horsch32 New Member

Yeah, the box is kinda big for a truck, but i plan on folding the back seat up since its just a hassle to have people ride back there anyways, and all i do is throw stuff back there anyways. But I am getting a deal on it. getting it all for 150 so its pretty tough to deny that. I will put up some pics once i get it installed. I just am not sure where I am going to mount the amp yet. I also plan on leaving enough slack so I can move the sub onto the seat in a pinch.