Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

opinions needed. caliper paint color

Discussion in 'The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat' started by Pikey, Nov 21, 2013.

1. Pikey

Pikey Moderator Staff Member 3 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I need some opinions. One of the calipers that I installed is rusted, I am looking at painting all of them. I am taking any suggestions on paint color and paint type to use? I am looking at the duplicolor brush on ceramic caliper paint kit, I can get it in red, blue, silver or black. I may just go with black, but that is no fun. here is a pic of the truck

0730121443b.jpg

Last edited: Nov 21, 2013
  2. Conlan Rose

Conlan Rose Active Member 2 Years 1000 Posts

Most paint to match the truck. But not sure on how many people make silver caliper paint.

3. Pikey

I can get the duplicolor brush on caliper paint in Red, blue, black or silver. At this point neon pink would look better than rust

4. Conlan Rose

If you want really good contrast with the wheels I'd go with red or blue I think that would look really nice.

5. Pikey

yea, see, that is where I am stuck. Do I go with contrast like red or blue or do I go with silver that does not attract that much attention. I am just sick of looking at the rusted caliper every time I walk up to the truck

6. Conlan Rose

Do you like the truck turning heads or to you want to keep it more subtle. Red seems to look nice on any vehicle in my opinion.

7. Pikey

I am not one that wants to turn heads. Sure, I keep my truck clean, it gets washed twice a week on average. But, I don't like to attract any more attention than I already get. I do like the way red looks. I was just curious what others thought. Blue would match my bilstein shock boots

- - - Updated - - -

I looked at a set of caliper covers like @Enkeiavalanche has. But, for $200 I can almost buy 4 new calipers.

8. McClintoc

McClintoc ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ Staff Member 2 Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Black. That truck does not scream for colored calipers.

IMO

9. 99'HEARTBEAT

99'HEARTBEAT Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Mike....x2 on going with Black, as with the Rims you have, you really can't see the Calipers.

10. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Can't see them much.. along with your boots...:neutral: I do like the covers But you can see them through my rims when the factory's go on for the winter they will come off.. shocks1.jpg DSCF2564.jpg