opinions needed. caliper paint color

Discussion in 'The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat' started by Pikey, Nov 21, 2013.

1. Conlan Rose

Conlan Rose Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

Yup they do because of the extreme heat and brake dust. Its not much more than regular paint. I have yet to paint my calipers because I want to paint mine white and also paint the drums white as well which is a pain in the butt to find.

2. Pikey

Pikey Moderator Staff Member 3 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Well, I decided to go with the silver. i liked the way it looked a few months ago when the caliper was shiny and new. Plus I got the kit new for $9 shipped on ebay. I really liked the suggestion of polishing it and clear coating it. If I were to put 4 new calipers on I would probably do that before I installed them. But, I am semi-Lazy, So I will not be polishing 4 calipers. Thank you everyone for your input.

3. Camaro69car

Camaro69car Member 1 Year 100 Posts

Yay my vote won! Pics please when it gets done. Some before and afters would be nice.

4. Pikey

I will have to see what the weather will be like next week. It is supposed to be here on Wednesday. I can heat my garage to do it. I just want to be able to let it sit overnight (or two) so the paint cures before I pull it out into freezing weather.

5. Camaro69car

Best of luck to you. I'm looking forward to seeing it.

6. Pikey

I don't know that there will be much to see because of my rims. All I know is that I see a rusty caliper and I will be happy not seeing that anymore.

7. Camaro69car

I'm pretty sure you have to take the wheels off to paint. Or is that something new?