Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Opinions needed

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by ljmueller, Jul 15, 2013.

1. ljmueller

ljmueller Rockstar ROTM Winner 100 Posts

Just installed the Rancho 4" on the truck. Looking to see if you guys think I should do rims, XD Addicts or Monsters. Or tires, Nitto M/Ts or maybe BF KM2s. Of course thers the 3rd option, give the wife extra back rubs and just do both at the same time. But seriously, if I had to choose, what do you guys think, rims or tires.

Attached Files:

2. ChromeSilver02

ChromeSilver02 Rockstar 3 Years 500 Posts

Are you just looking for black rims? Btw lift looks great :glasses:

3. Sierraowner5.3

Sierraowner5.3 Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

i like the truck the way it sits to be honest. id do tires before rims for sure. throw some plasti-dip on the rims if you want something different.

thats what i plan on doing soonish.

Alex

4. McClintoc

McClintoc ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ Staff Member 2 Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

The lift looks good! If I were you, I would definitely go for some black wheels. I'm not a fan of 2-tone trucks. Your mirrors, brush guard and side steps are all black so some black wheels would be fitting.

5. ljmueller

ljmueller Rockstar ROTM Winner 100 Posts

Thanks for the input so far guys. I am quickly becoming a fan of the black rim look. Anyone have expierience with that plastic dip stuff, I've heard of it but havent seen it in person yet.

6. RadoRage

RadoRage Rockstar

If done right plastidip looks good and will last several years from my observations and experience. I recently put black xd hoss wheels on my truck (9 wide wheel instead of the stock 8.5) and a few days later was already pricing different tires because the lowered quality of the ride.

I personally would wait until the tread you have now is low and buy the tires and wheels at the same time if you want to go biger on the wheel size. If not, new tires and plasitdip is prob your cheapes option.

7. cain73

cain73 Rockstar

Definitely go with the tires first. The lift looks great. Bigger tires will really set it off. Rims can wait, but them I'm a fan of stock rims anyway.

8. Ayden8100

Ayden8100 New Member

I am totally agree with you. You are 100% good here that your mirrors, sweep secure and side steps are all black so some black tires would be suitable.

9. ridick_bowen

ridick_bowen Rockstar 100 Posts

Throw some Toyo AT2's on that bitch. IMO blk on blk is clean.

10. truc.karl

truc.karl Member

Get a more aggressive and bigger set of tires to match the height of your rig.