1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Opinions on a possible truck.

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Talk & GM News' started by BAMES, Nov 30, 2011.

1. BAMES

BAMES New Member

Hey guys, I've recently been given the opportunity to buy my great uncle's 1966 GMC C20 with a dump bed on it. Below is a picture of the truck itself. I was wondering what these trucks sell for... it's a little hard to get a quote on a truck like this. Its a V6 3-speed 2wd dually w/ a dump body. Nearly everything is functional, just minor things here and there, such as some of the gauges are messed up, there is a dent in the passenger door panel as well as some other areas that need a little body work. It has never been restored, but the frame was sanded and painted a few years ago. So what would you guys think is a fair price for it? (w/o any family deal) Thanks!

DSCN1257.jpg
  2. BAMES

BAMES New Member

DSCN1256.jpg
    Here's another picture, sorry they don't show the condition well.
  3. JnBama

JnBama Active Member 2 Years 500 Posts

you may get some idea from classic trucks listed on Old Rides .com and Classic Car Trader
  4. billnorman

billnorman Rockstar 100 Posts

With a relative it's often difficult to make a money deal without somebody's feelings being hurt. See what the state MVA thinks it is worth. I'd say $1000 tops if it runs. If you have a state inspection, odds are it wouldn't pass.