GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Opinions on Green and Black Wheels

Discussion in 'Lifted & Offroad Suspension' started by normal_deviation, Feb 9, 2011.

1. normal_deviation

normal_deviation New Member

Hey everyone, im having a hard time deciding on what rims to get for my truck, lookin to stick with 18x9 .... with 35's...... I definately want black, but want to be different..... I want lime green accents. I spent a couple minutes messin around in paint. Yay or nay.... comments appreciated!! There is always paint or powder coat for the accents......Any other options for green accents without spending a fricken fortune??

[​IMG]
  2. stephan

stephan New Member

I think red accents look better with black, but they're not my wheels so.....

red black ... green black

You definitely wouldn't have any trouble finding your truck in the parking lot with the lime green lol

* the cops won't have any trouble picking you out either
  3. normal_deviation

LOl at the cop comment.... I don't tend to incriminate myself anyways, so being spotted easily is of no concern of mine. Just trying to do something a little different as black rims are becoming the norm. Don't get me wrong, black looks sick.... but I don't mind a little bit of flash.
  4. racekid91

racekid91 New Member

I'm kinda torn between this. On one hand, I'm saying to myself "RICER". But on the other, I'm thinking it's kinda cool. I'm thinking if you photoshop it onto your truck, it would give you a better idea of how it looks.
  5. DAREDEVIL

DAREDEVIL New Member

the best option is to leave them black...lol but like stephan said ...not mine so you can do what ever you feel like.
  6. stephan

stephan New Member

That's a great idea RaceKid.

What color is your truck ND? Is the lime green going to match, or clash with the main body color??
  7. ajarman

ajarman New Member

It is a bit JDM...but I am all about being different.

X2 on what is the color of the truck?
  8. normal_deviation

The truck is black. .... If I go this route, the only place that will have the green will be the wheels. No green bowtie, wipers, neons ..... LOL ..... ill see if I can quickly alter a pic. That specific rim is not necessarily the one I will pic.... just guaging the feel of this idea. Ultimately im gonna do what I like,.......... but its the dead of winter here in Ontario.... 2 feet of snow outside and ive gotta kill some time contemplating something...... may as well listen to some others thoughts and ideas.

---------- Post added at 08:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:05 PM ----------

Ok, here is a quick pic of a black truck with green/black stars. ........ thanks to whomever's truck it is, just googled for a quick pic.

[​IMG]
  9. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer New Member

I'd stick with all black.
  10. racekid91

racekid91 New Member

I'm going to say stick with all black
  11. IPFK83

IPFK83 New Member

x2 on the all black
  12. stephan

stephan New Member

After seeing your pic I am totally against the lime green. It makes it look cheap. I wouldn't even like the red accents if they were that big or bright. Have you thought about silver accents? It would break up the monotany of the black & be a lot more subtle...
  13. dsfloyd

dsfloyd New Member

If you like grave digger (monster trucks) thats not so bad. Ive seen green accents on other parts that dont look so bad. I might lean towards the red. Just not quite as bright. a darker red maybe.
  14. 1991 Suburban

1991 Suburban New Member

I think they will look good.
  15. Bigbomber

Bigbomber New Member

Ive never been afraid to be different so ill tell you that i like the way the rims look with the green accents.Im tired of seeing the all black rims,which everyone seems to have nowdays.All that matters is whether you like them.
  16. 80 grit

80 grit New Member

I like the "Eddie Lawson" green look...but I think if you should compliment it with some same colored pin striping!
  17. DAREDEVIL

DAREDEVIL New Member

I would actually go with CHROME instead of green..i mean just where the green is..that would look killer..and i would not paint it or so, more like getting it machined and bolt on ...just make sure the weights are correct ..THAT WOULD BE COOL.
  18. Magna86

Magna86 New Member

Cheapy route is to have a sign shop make you high quality decals to stick on the rim for accents. You can pick/change color and not ruin your rims. I think chrome wheels would look nice but also black/chrome combo. In the end do what you like! My Denali wheels limit my tire size to 265/75 but I want 285/75. Like my wheels too much to get rid of them and pay for other rims.
  19. ntbush83

ntbush83 New Member

I kinda like the green accents in that picture but one thing is that those wheels are 20's. I think that makes a difference. With a smaller 18'' wheel I think the green would look a little more cheap since its a smaller wheel and all you'll notice is the green. Also what year is your truck. different body types compliment different accents better than others.
  20. Badbrad469

Badbrad469 New Member

i actually like it too. it kinda makes me think of motocross when i look at it.