Newest Gallery Photos

1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Opinions on Green and Black Wheels

Discussion in 'Lifted & Offroad Suspension' started by normal_deviation, Feb 9, 2011.

1. Hey everyone, im having a hard time deciding on what rims to get for my truck, lookin to stick with 18x9 .... with 35's...... I definately want black, but want to be different..... I want lime green accents. I spent a couple minutes messin around in paint. Yay or nay.... comments appreciated!! There is always paint or powder coat for the accents......Any other options for green accents without spending a fricken fortune??

[​IMG]
  2. stephan

stephan Rockstar 4 Years 5000 Posts

I think red accents look better with black, but they're not my wheels so.....

red black ... green black

You definitely wouldn't have any trouble finding your truck in the parking lot with the lime green lol

* the cops won't have any trouble picking you out either
  3. LOl at the cop comment.... I don't tend to incriminate myself anyways, so being spotted easily is of no concern of mine. Just trying to do something a little different as black rims are becoming the norm. Don't get me wrong, black looks sick.... but I don't mind a little bit of flash.
  4. racekid91

racekid91 Rockstar 3 Years 100 Posts

I'm kinda torn between this. On one hand, I'm saying to myself "RICER". But on the other, I'm thinking it's kinda cool. I'm thinking if you photoshop it onto your truck, it would give you a better idea of how it looks.
  5. DAREDEVIL

DAREDEVIL Rockstar 4 Years 1000 Posts

the best option is to leave them black...lol but like stephan said ...not mine so you can do what ever you feel like.
  6. stephan

stephan Rockstar 4 Years 5000 Posts

That's a great idea RaceKid.

What color is your truck ND? Is the lime green going to match, or clash with the main body color??
  7. ajarman

ajarman Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

It is a bit JDM...but I am all about being different.

X2 on what is the color of the truck?
  8. The truck is black. .... If I go this route, the only place that will have the green will be the wheels. No green bowtie, wipers, neons ..... LOL ..... ill see if I can quickly alter a pic. That specific rim is not necessarily the one I will pic.... just guaging the feel of this idea. Ultimately im gonna do what I like,.......... but its the dead of winter here in Ontario.... 2 feet of snow outside and ive gotta kill some time contemplating something...... may as well listen to some others thoughts and ideas.

---------- Post added at 08:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:05 PM ----------

Ok, here is a quick pic of a black truck with green/black stars. ........ thanks to whomever's truck it is, just googled for a quick pic.

[​IMG]
  9. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

I'd stick with all black.
  10. racekid91

racekid91 Rockstar 3 Years 100 Posts

I'm going to say stick with all black