1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Opinions on these tires, or experience with any of them

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by redchev4x4, Aug 22, 2011.

1. redchev4x4

redchev4x4 Member

Fixin to put new rubber on my o3 4x4 and have narrowed it down to
    3 brands and treads.

Hankook dyna pro atm rf10 265/75/16

toyo open country same

nitto terra grappler 265/70/16

the hankooks have got great reviews and are about $100 cheaper
    around here then the other 2.
    Anyone have any experience with these tires?
    Or the other ones? I was looking to go to a more aggressive tread then
    i have right now.

Thanks a bunch for any input.

Terry m
  2. travisn

travisn Rockstar

I am disappointed you didn't spell it tars in your thread title.

Unfortunately, I do not have any sort of help to offer here. Maybe it will help to post what kind of driving you expect to use these tires on, that way everyone can give a better answer as I imagine you won't need snow performance...
  3. MoBillyAla

MoBillyAla Rockstar 100 Posts

Terry you got some good picks for tires the Nitto are really nice, I am looking at Falken AT( There are two different styles, the name escapes me right now) I too am trying to figure out what the best size for my stock 2WD will be. There is a member here that has Falken on his ride I think his name is JBJohnson92F, His signature has a good pic of them.. btw the Falkens run around $160 for 255/65/17 or comparable.
  4. redchev4x4

redchev4x4 Member

yeah i should've used TARS,, in my title,, trying to impress i guess.
    as far as driving habits, mostly highway, some off road and as for snow,,
    well i am fairly close to the mountains up here and we get some ,, some years
    its just a couple of inches and sometimes we get 10 to 15 inches at once just depends.
    we get alot of ice storms too. i just wanted something with a little more bite than the laredos
    i have on there now, totally usless in wet grass , snow, or anything slick.
    i did look at the falkens and they were on my short list too, i think they were the high country.

terry m
  5. h0serdude

h0serdude Member

Are you looking at the H/T, A/T, or the M/T for the Toyos?

I have the Toyo Open Country A/T 265/75/16 on my truck and they have worked great in all weather and terrain. They run quiet on the highway too. When they wear out I will definitely be getting another set.
  6. 2COR517

2COR517 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Haven't used any of them personally, but all three get excellent reviews.
  7. sstoner911

sstoner911 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

If you dont do alot of dirt driving forget the Nitto tires....they wear fast and you wont get the mileage out of them if you do most of your driving on paved roads.

I know guys with all three and the Hankook and Toyo have been the best for daily drivers.
  8. redchev4x4

redchev4x4 Member

yeah the toyos i was looking at were the open country A/T 265/75 / 16.
    best price i got around here , mounted balanced, tax, out the door was 653.00
    i guy in greensboro quoted me the hankook ATM RF10 265/75/16 for 589.00 M/B/TAX out the door.
    the nittos were around 665.00 a set.

i am leaning more towards the hankooks now, i have talked to few guys in the area that have them and
    they said the do very good in snow, mud and street, and the wear like iron. i like that part.
    i got 68,000 on my laredos , can't complain about that , but the traction on these tire has been
    less then desired from day one. even new i had to go into 4 wheel drive to get out of my road with just a little
    snow on the ground. its not much of a grade either.
    so come this saturday i will have something new on old red , and we'll see how they do. most likely hankooks.

thanks guys

NOW!!!! how about a set of nerf bars,,, huh? i got chrome wheels, chrome bumpers, and chrome window visors.
    so i guess stainless is the way to go ,, but what kind (besides the obvious WESTON) and where's the cheapest place
    to get sum?

terry m
  9. jbjohnson92f

jbjohnson92f Rockstar 4 Years 500 Posts

my falken high country A/T's are holding up very well(6000miles)so far, their quiet and a great deal for the money, i would def buy the again
  10. Rockstarrchevy81

Rockstarrchevy81 Rockstar 3 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Nitto Trail Grapplers m/t are allot like the toyo's but look more agressive to me with the side grooves. It say's they are a mix between Nitto Terra grappler and Nitto Mud Grappler that's the next tires i will be buying.