Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Opinions on Tires

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by Z71 Coltman, Feb 1, 2010.

1. Z71 Coltman

Z71 Coltman Member

alright the tires i have on here now i think look sweet, but drivin to school and town everyday they almost drown out my v8. and they get no grip on wet pavement whatsoever. just wonderin what you guys thought i need 35x12.50s 15 inch rims

thanks

2. Chevyboy96

Chevyboy96 Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 100 Posts

Depends on finances, if you can afford it you could get different ones and sell your current tires. What do you have now?

3. Z71 Coltman

Z71 Coltman Member

i have pro-comp X terrain. someone told me the dune grapplers are what im lookin for, but im not sure if they would look good on my truck

4. Montana

Montana Member

Try getting your tires siped if you have any tread left. Your tires will grip better on wet/icy roads and they may even last longer. :glasses:

5. Big75

Big75 Rockstar 4 Years 500 Posts

Dune grapplers look good on anything! And why would he want to sype his current tires? they wont stick to the road any better. The only time I would sype a tire is if it was going to be an offroad only tire. hard to balance and you don't know exactly how close you're getting to those belts. hit a belt - tire's junk.

6. Big75

Big75 Rockstar 4 Years 500 Posts

I bet you could sell those pro comps easy if there's any tread left.
    Craigslist it!

7. 1flyfisher

1flyfisher Rockstar 4 Years 100 Posts

Dune grapplers are a SAND tire. They are good for sugar pow beaches and crap for most else. Do you drive on the east coast beaches or pismo alot?
    http://www.offroaders.com/reviewbox/showproduct.php?product=26&cat=4
    It doesn't get good reviews.
    But if you are strictly after COOL(questionable) looks then they might be perfect. You'll need a lame poser Affliction T-shirt to go with them though, It is required.:rofl:
    A good all around ALL Terrain tire works best in all conditions. BFG TA/KO

Last edited: Feb 2, 2010
  8. dsfloyd

dsfloyd Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner Gold Member 1000 Posts

the goodyear wrangler silent armour is a good at tire, that is quiet on the road and has a 50000 mile warranty. i had them on my truck before lifting and was happy with them. got stuck once in the snow but the tread was pretty low at that point. if you are doing mostly street driving these will be good tires.

9. Stealth

Stealth Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

What are you running now? It doesn't say in your signature

10. Kyles03

Kyles03 Rockstar ROTM Winner

Toyo MT, Nitto Trail Grappler are my suggestions. Toyo MT's are my next tires for my 20's.