Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Opinions please!!!

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by Cros89, Dec 30, 2008.

1. Cros89

Cros89 Member

ok guys i need some opinions on a couple things along with some advice!

ok so heres my truck, keep this pic in mind because you are going to have to refer back to it:
    [​IMG]

first thing that i was brewing up in my mind tonight: the grill guard.

i want to cut out the little horizontal bars that are in front of the grill and weld some more beefy bigger vertical bars in there, prolly 5. this is not a problem because i work at a metal fab company and we have certified welders, tube fabricators, powdercoaters etc... so fab is not a problem. i just want a beefier grill guard. how do you guys think it would look?

next thing: lift and tires.

im going to lift/level it about 3 inches. and i am thinking about some toyo open country M/T 33x13.5's. what will i have to do so the 13.5's dont rub? (wheels, spacers, etc...) by looking a my truck do you guys think it would be possible to just raise the front just enough to level it out (which isnt very much) by cranking on the torsion bars a little? i was thinking of just adjusting the torsion bars, and then going with a 2 inch body lift so i could clear my tires im gonna get....

next thing, powdercoating and tint:

ok and since i can get powdercoating done for next to nothing usually at my work, im thinking the grill guard and bumpers in gloss black, the wheels i buy are going to be black, and somehow im gonna paint that chrome on the mirrors gloss black also. so pretty much everything that is chrome now, will be black. you think that will look good with the bumpers and all? and with tint im thinking either 20 or 15 all around, what you guys think? ive never seen a chevy in this color and black...

THANK YOU GUYS FOR ANY OPINIONS, THEY ARE MUCH APPRECIATED!!!

Last edited: Dec 30, 2008
  2. cascott325

cascott325 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

as for the push guard, try using your picture in paint. youcan dilly dally around with it until you get something you like. if you are good with computers or know someone who is, try photoshop it will give you better results than paint.

as for the window tint, i put Llumar brand 15% all the way around including a strip across the top on the front and over the factory tint in the back however, i have been thinking about going with 5% and a reverse camera for night time. its all in what YOU want. dont worry about what others say about the thing that you like.

3. Cros89

Cros89 Member

here you guys go... here are some designs... i really cant decide i want to do something to it, but i cant decide what! i really would like some opinions to help me!! which one do you guys like (sorry for the poor art work, lol

[​IMG]

4. walleye101

walleye101 Member

the chrome on the mirrors should peel off, they should be stuck on with 3m tape, they were an aftermarket accessory. check out my album, i have the same color truck with quite a bit of black and i am putting on helo maxx6 wheels in blk hopefully next week. i added the textured blk flares too and a levelling kit. you don't want to sell you painted flares by chance as i wanted the matching flares originally? if you have any questions send me a pm. later

5. cascott325

cascott325 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

i think i like the top 2 however, they might not have enough support. if you put a solid bar right in the middle from the top to the bottom, it might do real good. the bottom and the middle look too much like a jeep, but i could be lacking in imagination. i like the top one most of all

6. Cros89

Cros89 Member

i was thinking about the top one, only taking that middle bar all the way through from top to bottom. and just have the two on the sides connect in between the two narrower bars

7. Cros89

Cros89 Member

and no on the factory painted flares, i like them too much :)