Opinons on future buy?

Discussion in 'Chevy S10 Forum (GMC Sonoma)' started by Necred, Jan 7, 2014.

1. Necred

Necred Member

Ive been inquiring about a 02 S10 crew 4.3 with 212k miles for 3k.I wanna do my research before commit to making 200 miles trip..Should I be concerned about the miles on these engines, I never owned 4.3...Any other problems with this year model.
    thnx

2. BurbanMan

BurbanMan Member 1 Year 500 Posts

the mileage is a little high. I've seen 300k on a couple of 4.3's, but would be a little leery without knowing the full service history. Any used vehicle will have issue big or small obviously. The question to ask yourself is: can you afford to have the motor or tranny rebuilt? IMO I think you could find one with a lot fewer miles for that price. I purchased my wife's 99 Tahoe lt for 3k with only 136k miles

3. poncho62

poncho62 Member 1 Year 100 Posts

Have never heard of an s10 crew cab.........

4. Necred

Necred Member

IMO if it has 4 doors with outside handles that open same direction as front it is crewcab, chevy may call it 4 door.

Yeah I feel same about miles,,,,I had 00 I sold with 240k & it ran great....also found 04 with 95k at dealer asking 8900.
    I wouldn't pay more than 7500 otd.

5. BurbanMan

BurbanMan Member 1 Year 500 Posts

I believe the crew cab s10 was strictly 2004. The extended cab had a 3rd door

6. Necred

Necred Member

I spoke with owner, he hasn't had long enough to know any history so im passing on 02.