1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Opinons on future buy?

Discussion in 'Chevy S10 Forum (GMC Sonoma)' started by Necred, Jan 7, 2014.

1. Necred

Necred Member

Ive been inquiring about a 02 S10 crew 4.3 with 212k miles for 3k.I wanna do my research before commit to making 200 miles trip..Should I be concerned about the miles on these engines, I never owned 4.3...Any other problems with this year model.
    thnx
  2. BurbanMan

BurbanMan Member 100 Posts

the mileage is a little high. I've seen 300k on a couple of 4.3's, but would be a little leery without knowing the full service history. Any used vehicle will have issue big or small obviously. The question to ask yourself is: can you afford to have the motor or tranny rebuilt? IMO I think you could find one with a lot fewer miles for that price. I purchased my wife's 99 Tahoe lt for 3k with only 136k miles
  3. poncho62

poncho62 Member 100 Posts

Have never heard of an s10 crew cab.........
  4. Necred

Necred Member

IMO if it has 4 doors with outside handles that open same direction as front it is crewcab, chevy may call it 4 door.

Yeah I feel same about miles,,,,I had 00 I sold with 240k & it ran great....also found 04 with 95k at dealer asking 8900.
    I wouldn't pay more than 7500 otd.
  5. BurbanMan

BurbanMan Member 100 Posts

I believe the crew cab s10 was strictly 2004. The extended cab had a 3rd door
  6. Necred

Necred Member

I spoke with owner, he hasn't had long enough to know any history so im passing on 02.