1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Optimum wheel/tire package

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by jfazende, Feb 12, 2009.

1. jfazende

jfazende New Member

I am looking for the best wheel/tire package that I can find for my suburban.

Criteria:
    -OEM Wheel
    -Aggressive on/off road tire
    -Will be fitted during vacation/highway/off road use.

Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated !
    Thanks
  2. tlperry68

tlperry68 New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

I guess it depends on how much you want to spend. Bridgestone Duelers and Good Year Wranglers are both good on/off road tires. If you want true off road look into ProComp tires for good quality at a lower price.
    As far as a wheel I guess anything will work for you, Mickey Thompson wheels are often on sale for about 150 or so each, not OEM but a little flashier. Or ebay OEM wheels.
    Good luck.
  3. TRPLXL2

TRPLXL2 New Member Platinum Contributor 1000 Posts 100 Posts

I bought a set of 2005 Cadillac Escalade 17" wheels for my Silverado, and mounted them on a set of 28" BFG AT's with the white lettering turned in and they look really good. The wheels cost me $800 new, and the tires were another $600 new. The whole thing mounted and balanced was around $1,500, I get a lot of compliments about the luxury wheels wrapped in the aggressive looking tires.:sign0011:
  4. jfazende

jfazende New Member

Thanks for your input guys, I am going to look into your suggestions. I like the looks of the wheel/tire package on the Z71 picture that is on Chevy’s site. See attached.

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

5. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Optimun wheel/tire

What year Surburban?? I saw a older suburban (95-98year) in town with newer (07-09) Suburban factory wheels. It was a 4x4 and had BFGs a/ts 285s.
  6. DrewsZ71

DrewsZ71 New Member 100 Posts

I have that same wheel/tire combo that you're talking about on my Z71. I just bought a new wheel/tire combo too. Im selling my factory ones right now. Lemme know if your interested. The tires have 10k miles on them It sat mostly in the garage while I was deployed to Iraq...lol
  7. jfazende

jfazende New Member

08 ltz 4x4
  8. jfazende

jfazende New Member

What wheel/tire package did you get? I am interested in your factory ones. Do they have TPS?
  9. jfazende

jfazende New Member

Nice Truck.
  10. DrewsZ71

DrewsZ71 New Member 100 Posts

Yes they do have the TPMS on them, however you'd have to put your existing sensors on them. I put my sensors on my new wheels and tires. If you'd like to see the pics of the wheels and tires i took off just look at my photo album, they are on there. I havent added any new pics of my truck yet. I just got the new wheels and tires 2 days ago.