1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

ordering add-a-leafs

Discussion in 'Lifted & Offroad Suspension' started by redneckarmyMP, Jul 9, 2009.

1. redneckarmyMP

redneckarmyMP Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

ill be getting paid this friday so i plan on ordering my add-a-leafs for the truck probably monday.(got drills this weekend outta town)once i get em on ill have some pics.hopefully between the leveling kit and the leafs itll sit up a little better(rear seems to have a little sag after the leveling kit)wish me luck!
  2. drkbluZ71

drkbluZ71 New Member

good luck with the add a leaf install!
  3. redneckarmyMP

thanks!hopefully itll all go pretty smoothly
  4. Jimmiee

Jimmiee Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

To keep your smooth factory ride why not buy a 1" or 2" block rather than leaves? It's cheaper, easier and quicker! :)
  5. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

X2 what Jimmiee said?????
  6. Z71_guy

Z71_guy Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

good luck with the install, like Jimmiee said why not blocks or are you going for the extra payload
  7. drkbluZ71

drkbluZ71 New Member

everything should go smoothly atleast when i did mine it did. add a leaf is better then just adding a block itll give you more payload.
  8. Darknesss23

Darknesss23 Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

TRUTH! I plan on getting a tuff country 2" lift kit as seen here http://www.suspensionconnection.com/cgi-bin/suscon/12020-silverado-lift.html for my truck... i like that factory "rake" as is said in the description... but i'd like some slightly bigger tires on there... Let me know how the install goes! can't wait to see the pics!
  9. redneckarmyMP

i did consider just adding some blocks but ive been looking around and they arent much more expensive than the add-a-leafs so i figured why not go ahead and get those to help out with those times i got a heavy load.installation shouldnt be much harder..i say that now...
  10. bob13

bob13 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Good Luck, installation isn't that bad. You'll be fine.