Ouch! Side of truck scraped after wife swerved to avoid a child.

Discussion in 'The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat' started by Sierraowner5.3, Dec 6, 2012.

Newest Photos

1. Sierraowner5.3

Sierraowner5.3 New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

A few pics of the side of my truck after my wife swerved to avoid a child running around alone in the parking lot at a Wendys.

Rather have the truck messed up then have her run someone over, but it would be nice if parents would corral their kids.

moral of the story, watch out for kids, and watch out for buildings!

Alex

Attached Files:

2. Pikey

Pikey Moderator Staff Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Wow! It could have been a whole lot worse. I know exactly what you mean about corralling the kids. I often see kids running around parking lots unattended. I have 2 young children, our "parking lot rules" are that they are holding my hand or my wife's at all times. If for some reason their hand comes out of one of our hands They freeze and do not move.
  3. 1953bowtieguy

1953bowtieguy New Member 100 Posts

That is just terrible, what happend, did she hit one of those pillars out in front of the store???:eek:uch:
  4. Sierraowner5.3

yep, she hit one of those poles they put out to keep you from actually hitting the building or anything else they want you to stay away from.

Alex
  5. FrigginNoodles

FrigginNoodles Member 100 Posts

Sorry to hear about your truck. I'm happy everyone is okay. Irresponsible parents is something WAY too common these days.
  6. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Moderator 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Ouch!!! Bummer.. Take some Artex to the side where she hit and that should take most of the other paint off and make it look better.. For now till you get it fixed.. As for that Kid.....[​IMG] Oh Mommy come here....[​IMG]
  7. Sierraowner5.3

got a quote this afternoon. $2600!!!!

my deductible is $500, so not so bad. i now have to go to a allstate approved place tomorrow to get it looked at again. the inspecotr figured a whole lot of paint and body work, plus a whole new bedside.

see what happens tomorrow.

Alex
  8. RayVoy

RayVoy Active Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Gosh, I thought it would buff out :rofl::rofl::rofl:
  9. Sierraowner5.3

i teased my wife about that i would just go buy a buffer and get a little wax, she didnt find it too amusing.

Alex
  10. AJ_Tahoe01

AJ_Tahoe01 New Member

That is pretty crazy, but there is no price for a child's well being. However it is costly.