1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Our A/C systems? 2 or 1?

Discussion in 'Chevy Suburban Forum (GMC Yukon XL)' started by U-GOT-KIDS?, Oct 14, 2011.

1. U-GOT-KIDS?

U-GOT-KIDS? New Member

I am needing to get my A/C recharge asap, but I do notice that the rear roof vents seem to emit colder air than the front vents?

I was wondering if they are all in the same system or is there another system on the burbans? BTW its a 2001 burban. Just curious I guess. Any info will better my own.

---------- Post added at 03:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:05 PM ----------

Also might I ask what people are paying for a recharge? This guy near me wants $320. That seems high, however I could be wrong.
  2. hotrodking86

hotrodking86 Rockstar 100 Posts

Not sure about the two systems, but 320 for a recharge seems outrageous. Especially when most of the guys recycle the freon, so half the time its the freon that is in your car already and they charge you for it. I would get some other quotes.
  3. Joeairforce

Joeairforce Epic Member 5+ Years 100 Posts

It's the same system.... Only one compressor, one condenser, 2 evaporators, 2 fans...... Lines go from the compressor to both evaporators....
  4. U-GOT-KIDS?

U-GOT-KIDS? New Member

Ok yea I thought 320 was a little high. I will check around for a better price. Thanks.
  5. Caddiac

Caddiac Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

I had the same problem, front unit did not blow as cold as the rear. Had a leaking fitting on the compressor. They fixed it and charged more refer for $150. The system design makes it favor the rear unit when it get low on refer.