Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Outside rear view mirror dis-assembly.

Discussion in 'Chevy Express Forum (GMC Savana)' started by lseann, Mar 3, 2012.

1. lseann

lseann New Member

Bought a used mirror off of ebay for my 2005 express, unfortunately the seller didnt package it very well and the plastic part of the mirror that mounts to the door frame got broken in shipping. Luckily the seller refunded my money and just let me keep the mirror. The mirror part of the assembly and the mirror housing is in perfect condition, just the part that mounts to the door is broken. Can these two parts be seperated so I can mount the mirror housing on another unbroken mounting base? If I swivel the miror all the way forward and turn it over, I can see an accesible torx screw but Im not sure if it has anything to do with how these two pieces are held together? Any ideas? Thanks.