Over spray?

Discussion in 'The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat' started by akgrown, Apr 23, 2010.

1. akgrown

akgrown New Member

Ok so my mother inlaw decided to do a little art project in the front yard. She was painting something with a rattle can next to the driveway on a slightly windy day and got White paint speckles all over both my and my neighbors car. I haven't tried to clean it off yet but have tried to scrape some off with just a finger nail and noticed that they don't budge. I know i can always razor blade the glass but what about the paint and the plastic peices. I have some wax i can try but was wondering if i am going to have to get a clay bar or buffing compound.

Any one faced this issue?

2. murdog94

murdog94 Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Yep and get ready to start in with the Buffer... You might try a bit of 409 and let it soak.... Ive actually gotten the paint from the lines on the road on my truck before.. That was fun it only took me 1/2 the day and my buffer wound out.

3. akgrown

akgrown New Member

$

Is it worth the money to take it somewhere? I might fix mine but have my mother inlaw pay for the neighbors car?

4. murdog94

murdog94 Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Im not to sure i dont let anyone clean my cars unless i am in a hurry and it is a basic wash just to get the grim off... I have always done my own detailing..

5. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

3m or dupont makes something called 3812 It removes a lot.. Try that or I would Clay bar it then wax after wards.. The only problem is that you may want to do your WHOLE truck...:great:

6. bigdaddy77084

bigdaddy77084 Rockstar 4 Years 500 Posts

I had some on mine and used wax & tar remover. Then I had to wax it of course..

7. KidHauler

KidHauler Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

McGuire's Cleaner wax (liquid) works pretty well. Rub it in, to soften the specks, and maybe a little bit of nail work, and it comes right up.
    Try silicone spray on the plastic. It'll get under the paint specks to loosen them, and can only help the plastic.

Good luck,

8. vncj96

vncj96 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

even over time it will just dissapear, for the most part theat stuff would have dried significantly in the wind before it attached to the vehicle so just get a meguires or mothers clay bar system and it will take care of it