1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Overhead Console question

Discussion in 'Audio, Video & Gadget Tech' started by hdb0002, Jun 20, 2010.

1. hdb0002

hdb0002 New Member

I've got a 2004 2500hd and it didn't come with an overhead console so i'm looking to put one in. Does anyone know if a suburban overhead console will fit? Or one from an older truck?

Also, i figure while i'm working on that I might throw a set of cab lights on top. Anyone have any experience with that? Product recommendations? Installation tips for the lights of console?

Thanks
  2. lancer

lancer Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts ROTM Winner

i put the overhead console in my truck. it has the small cubby hole and 2 dome lights. its out a 2000 extended cab truck that a buddy of mine rolled. i took all the wiring, console and the bracket out of his truck and took my headliner out and tack welded the plate in and then just had to cut the headliner for the console to snap into the bracket. don't know if this helps but if you can find a wrecked on so you can get all the pieces its really not that hard to install jsut takes time.
  3. hdb0002

hdb0002 New Member

Alright thanks for the advice. I'm trying to find one of the long ones with the storage compartment and all that. I know there's supposed to be two slots in the back and a screw in the front, doesn't sound too complicated, i'm just not sure which consoles will fit.