1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

overhead dvd install?

Discussion in 'Chevy Suburban Forum (GMC Yukon XL)' started by mikesosebee, Aug 5, 2007.

1. mikesosebee

mikesosebee New Member

does anyone have any tips on installing a overhead dvd sys in my 04 burban w/ sunroof?
  2. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 1000 Posts

Do you have something in mind? Factory or aftermarket? Do you want it viewable by 2nd and 3rd row seats? Do you plan to buy a whole kit?
  3. mikesosebee

mikesosebee New Member

dvd

I want to install a aftermarket combo lcd dvd in the 2nd row. I have no idea as how to fasten it. I have a friend who can wire it. We just need a few points in the right direction. thanks for any help!
    Last edited: Aug 5, 2007
  4. Crawdaddy

Crawdaddy Moderator Staff Member Platinum Contributor 1000 Posts

This video should help you:

http://www.crutchfieldadvisor.com/S-zsLi2Nrpbos/learningcenter/car/videos/video.html

Apparently, you can actually hang an overhead monitor stright off of the headliner, using a backer plate on the other side of the headliner. I would just assume that you couldn't hang things of a certain weight up there, but then again, that shouldn't be selling them as overhead units if they aren't ight enough to be hung in that fashion.
  5. ljjcsautomotive

ljjcsautomotive New Member

I purchased and installed just the overhead monitor and installed a DVD in dash player. The monitor weighs a lot less that the whole setup. I just attached the monitor to my head liner and have had no problems. Just install it far enough away from the rear controls so you can still reach them. As far as the 2nd seat viewers I installed headrest monitors.