Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Overhead Map Light Shutting Off Gauge Lights!!!!

Discussion in 'Audio, Video & Gadget Tech' started by paguerra, May 6, 2009.

1. paguerra

paguerra New Member

Hello to all,
    I am a newbie, and i searched for this problem. Appparently no one has been able to eff up my truck as bad as I did....
    I have a 2008 Suburban LTZ. I decided in my infinate genius to change out the standard light bulb in the dome light to l.e.d. bulbs...i dont know what happened when i installed the led but they didnt work:shocked:. I went to re-install the original bulb, and what now happens is that when i hit the on-off switch the dash cluster gauge lights turn on and off accordingly:grrrrrr:...so now the dome light act as a on-off switch for the dash lights...when i open the doors the lights come on normally, and when i use the little know on the left that dims the cluster gauge i can turn on the dome lights with no problem...any ideas???:neutral: