Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Overhead Switch Panel

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Accessories' started by karz4life87, Mar 22, 2011.

1. karz4life87

karz4life87 Rockstar

Hey guys,

Just thought i would post up a little project me and friend worked up over this last weekend. It is in a 2004 silverado 1500 LS. This panel is the "typical" overhead compartment for a small storage, well i never used mine and thought we would put it to some good cool use.

We got a piece of 1/4" pexi-glass and cut it to fit inside the compartment. There are also 2 strips of red L.E.D lights behing the panel. With the pexi-glass painted gloss back, with two L.E.D switches. In the night time picture its a little difficult to see but for those of you who are not audio nuts it is the Rockford Fasgate Logo that lights up their signiture red.

Let me know what you think, there is still a little touch-up to be done. We are contimplating possibly making more and selling them if there is enough interest. But thats for another discussion.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 22, 2011
  2. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Looks like a nice job.

3. lancer

lancer Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts ROTM Winner

i like it!! i'm thinking of trying to do something like that for my new center console

4. karz4life87

karz4life87 Rockstar

Thanks for the input. Im getting ready to do my center consul but that one is going to take awhile to finish.

5. TritonBoulder47

TritonBoulder47 Rockstar 4 Years 500 Posts

This is what I did with my '95 Tahoe... I put my switchbox that ran all my emergency lights in it... It fit like a glove...

[​IMG]

And this is what me and triton911bj did to his truck...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. ntbush83

ntbush83 Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Both of your guy's look awesome! Creative and BA!

7. karz4life87

karz4life87 Rockstar

looks awsome. howd you do the lettering?

8. FrigginNoodles

FrigginNoodles Rockstar 3 Years 500 Posts

That Silverado Logo with the buttons looks really cool. I never use that compartment for anything so maybe I will think something up to put in mine.

9. TritonBoulder47

TritonBoulder47 Rockstar 4 Years 500 Posts

A guy from the Avalanche forum that I'm a member of made them... He unfortunately doesn't anymore...

10. karz4life87

karz4life87 Rockstar

Thats to bad. if there is enough interest i could possibly make some more for other memebers, i would just need to know exactly what they wanted in it, and the over head piece would be ideal to have as well