1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Overhead Visor Shelf?

Discussion in 'Chevy Avalanche Forum (Escalade EXT)' started by ARMYtango, Sep 4, 2012.

Newest Gallery Photos

1. ARMYtango

ARMYtango Rockstar

Having a hard time finding these.

I know that Pace Edwards is no longer making these, but does someone know where I can get either a set similar to these, or the one long continuous one that goes from driver to passenger side and fits just UNDER the upper center console?

Obviously has to fit the AValanche... [​IMG]

I could really use it.

Thanks ahead of time for any input!

Attached Files:

2. moogvo

moogvo Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

3. ARMYtango

ARMYtango Rockstar

Thanks moogvo,

That seems to be the only one that may possibly work.

I would prefer the separate ones, but it looks as though no one sells them anymore.

I may pull the trigger and see how it works out.

4. moogvo

moogvo Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

I saw the ones you were talking about but I couldn't find anyone selling it.

5. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I don't know if the single unit works if you have an overhead console installed.

VDP's catalog page for their truck-specific Shelf-It units (http://www.vdpusa.com/cat17.html) says: 'Not for use with Factory Overhead Console in 1994-2010 Dodge Ram and 1996-2006 Chevy Silverado and Silverado HD' for model SH111, which is supposedly for 00-06 Silverado/Sierra, Reg & Ext. Cab, 07 Classic, and 07-10 Silverado/Sierra Reg cab. Presumably that's the same model number for an Avalanche. (99 Silverado/Sierra, Reg & Ext Cab appears to use model SH119, which is not for use with double sun visor models.)

If you have an overhead console you might inquire with VDP, directly, if the model number you think is supposed to work ... will work with your Avalanche.

6. ARMYtango

ARMYtango Rockstar

I had been thinking about that, but also figured that if I installed it with a couple spacers (washers) and screws that are a little bit longer, I may be able to lower it just enough to get it to pass beneath the console.