Oversteer issue?

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by Michael Johnson, Feb 2, 2011.

Newest Photos

1. Michael Johnson

Michael Johnson New Member

I don't know if this is an issue or not but when I make a sharp turn from like say an intersection it seems like the rear end is coming around faster than it should. I guess I shouldn't complain about being able to turn quickly but it just feels weird. I have had multiple large vehicles so I understand how they handle but this one just feels odd. Also it seems to be wanting to wander when at highway speeds. It follows a track if I let go of the wheel (don't worry I don't let go of the wheel a lot) maybe a toe in issue? Otherwise I seem to have to opposite of the issues a lot of you have. Mushy brakes, no, these things keep wanting to send me through the window. Gas mileage around 18 mpg with stock size tires, can't complain about that. Only other issue is my complete inability to get the monster to actually fit in a regular parking spot. I've just given up and started parking as far away from anybody as possible.
  2. theindnman

theindnman New Member

Greetings,
    What kind of truck do you have?
  3. stephan

stephan New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Also it seems to be wanting to wander when at highway speeds.
    You're probably right on this one Michael. Not enough toe in & any amount of toe out will cause vehicles to wander & follow any irregularity or slant in the road.
  4. Taddpole

Taddpole New Member

Didn't GM make somthing called Quadrasteer (sp?). That would give a different feel than normal. I don't remember for sure, just an idea.