Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Overthinking and Your Child-Like Mind......

Discussion in 'The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat' started by BASSIST, Apr 16, 2012.

1. BASSIST

BASSIST Rockstar 100 Posts

This is a test that supposed to show how sometimes knowing too
    much leads to overthinking and keeps you from solving problems
    creatively.

f6316d3b.jpg

Got this from another forum I am on. I give up. Going to get another beer:confused:

2. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Hint: Pre-school children typically can't add, subtract, multiple, or divide, so this isn't a math problem despite the equal signs saying so. They can, however, usually count to 10.

3. Ridyn

Ridyn Rockstar 100 Posts

Oh, I get it...took me a while. It's not creative thinking if you ask me, it's a waste of damn good time that can be spent solving REAL problems! =D

Of course that's me getting defensive because I nearly broke my damn pen trying to figure it out..and then it hit me like a ton of bricks.

4. rileyjr16

rileyjr16 Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

No understando thiso matho problemo

5. Ridyn

Ridyn Rockstar 100 Posts

It's not really a math problem ^.^

Hint: The numbers that don't equal zero, have what the ones that do equal to zero don't have.

Oh and 2581 = 2

6. Jeremy09LTZCrew

Jeremy09LTZCrew Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

I got it. Took me a few minutes. I'm not sure what I can say without giving too big a hint. I guess it helps that I have a 4, almost 5 year old at home, so I tried to think about it from his perspective.

7. rileyjr16

Ok still confused :confused::confused::confused:

8. Jeremy09LTZCrew

At first without considering the preschool factor I was looking at average of numbers, then adding some and dividing by the number, and many other ways of relating them. If you're doing anything similar, STOP. It's not a math problem. Read the hits above and you can figure it out. Don't overthink it. Look at it like a pre-schooler. What do you think a 4 year old would think seeing a 4 digit number? They typically have no concept of numbers in the 1000s

9. rileyjr16

Still :confused:

---------- Post added at 02:04 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:58 AM ----------

Maybe I'm just too smart to get it :lol:

10. Jeremy09LTZCrew

If you really give up I can tell you in a PM, but I don't want to post it on here for those others who want to figure it out and don't want to risk being told the answer. Try this first though... look at it backward. What relation does the answer have to the digits listed. Not the other way around.