Oww I think I hurt myself!!

Discussion in 'The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat' started by adampaul1964, Apr 21, 2009.

1. adampaul1964

adampaul1964 Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

So, I spent Sunday night and most of Monday in the hospital. Just a small work related accident, I was loading my tool bag ( it's pretty big and heavy ) into the golf cart at work and due to "improper lifting technique" gave myself a hernia! :gasp:an "incarcerated umbilical hernia" to be precise. Not really a major deal but they kept me overnight and did a cat scan to make sure there wasn't anything important sticking out, like bowel or intestine or spleen maybe,lol I go see the surgeon tomorrow to schedule surgery to get it fixed, he said it shouldn't keep me off work more than a week, and depending on the type of work I do I could go back under light duty! I had to laugh at that one since I'm an industrial maintenance tech I don't do anything real strenuous anyway, everyone at work thinks all we do is ride around in golf carts all day which isn't too far from the truth!! Any way feel kind of stupid hurting myself doing something I've been doing the last 4 years but oh well what are you gonna do!

2. MWright936

MWright936 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

That sucks man! I've been there. I had hernia surgery a couple years ago. It was just an easy day surgery and it took me about a week to get back to work. At least you get some good pain meds! :glasses:

3. adampaul1964

Speaking of pain meds the ER doc tried to push it back in by hand and I just about hit the ceiling, so they shot me up with morphine and tied again, I was feeling pretty goooood but it still hurt too bad when he started pushing, later when he came back in to tell me they were going to admit me he was rubbing his elbow, I asked "Are you o.k.?" , he replied "I think I hurt my elbow pushing on you" !!!!!

4. MWright936

MWright936 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Dang! I bet that hurt!!

Before I went into surgery, they gave me a shot of something in my IV to calm me down before they took me back. It was fan-freakin-tastic!!! I'm not sure what it was, but I bet the street value is high!

5. Springthing

Springthing Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Hernia - a situation I hope I never have to face. I've never heard of really good things coming from a hernia. :)

Glad you're feeling better.

Wife just had surgery and whatever they doped her up with had her talking about how she thought flesh-coloured crayons were "stupid." Went on and on as they wheeled her away about how they should just have ppl go to the stores and just pull out the stupid flesh coloured crayons out of all the boxes.....I love her so much.

6. tlperry68

tlperry68 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Bumm deal man. Hope you get better soon!

7. TRPLXL2

TRPLXL2 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

I had gotten a hernia when I worked at Wal-Mart in lawn in garden loading cars with mulch and stuff, but my doctor told me that from wearing a back brace that actually made the possibility of a hernia worse because you are putting more pressure on your lower back and chest. It was seriously painful for me too, I had to take a month off of work because of it. Hope you feel better, and use the sympathy card to your advantage I know I did.

"Mom my chest hurts, can you get me some ice cream. I think it'll make me feel better...........please?"

"Sure Amy I'm here to serve,..........when did you say your going back to work?" :lol:

8. Pete95Sierra

Pete95Sierra Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

ouch that sucks. get well soon dude!!

9. adampaul1964

That's too funny, my wife's sister sings broadway numbers whenever they dope her up!

10. Mindi51982

Mindi51982 Rockstar 100 Posts

Ouch! Glad to hear that you are on the up & up. :great: