1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

P 1870 Trans Component Slipping on rebuilt transmission

Discussion in 'GM Powertrain' started by Chevytruckgirly, Jan 23, 2012.

1. Chevytruckgirly

Chevytruckgirly New Member

Hello,
    I just bought a rebuilt transmission with a 2 year warranty and a new torque converter just had it installed a few weeks ago. There has been a hard shift from 1-2, I talked to the transmission dealer and he told me that this was common and should stop after 2000 miles. The other day the check engine light came on. We had it tested and P1870 Trans Component Slipping was the code. The fluid levels are fine. Should I return the transmission or is there something else I can do? Also it feels like its in 4wd but its not. Its a 2000 chevy silverado 1500 V8 4L60 E transmission.

Thank you for any help you can give!!!
  2. 99'HEARTBEAT

99'HEARTBEAT Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

The Below G.M. Service Bulletin may be able to help you, it goes into detail Regarding Transmission Trouble Code P1870......you may want to show this Bulletin to the shop you bought your Rebuilt Transmission from......and this Hard 1-2 Shift.....Will Not Stop After 2000 Miles,

Link,
    http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/showthread.php/54475-LOOK-HERE!!!-Trouble-code...p1870.....for-harsh-1-2-shifts....
  3. Chevytruckgirly

Thank you for that information. So do you think this is there fault because they did not replace the Control Valve body?
  4. 99'HEARTBEAT

99'HEARTBEAT Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

That would be a hard question, for me or anyone else to answer??.......but from what you have mentioned, your Transmission has the...Hard 1-2 Shift and Trouble Code P1870......Only the shop that rebuilt the Transmission Knows what they Repaired and/or Replaced in that Transmission......
  5. dpeter

dpeter Rockstar 3 Years 100 Posts

Start documenting any conversations with this shop. Was the warranty two years or 2000 miles, which ever comes first? Heartbeat is right that this won't go away after 2000 miles, it should have worked from the start. I hope the shop steps up and fixes this for you because they should.
  6. Chevytruckgirly

I got the rebuilt transmission off of ebay and its a 2 year warranty, I told the guy yesterday about the P1870 code and also the information about the control valve body and he told me that replacing the valve body is part of the rebuilding process... But anyways he is going to set up an appointment for me at a local shop and have them diagnose it more and take care of any warranty repairs. I just wish I could pick the shop! Oh well but the guy has been very nice and I am glad hes taking care of this. I talked to him through e mail so it is all documented. Thanks for your advice!!
  7. Red Z71 Max

Red Z71 Max Rockstar 3 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Good luck on the fix and keep us posted on how everything works out. It's always good to know who you can trust when dealing with sellers on the Internet and EBay!!