1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

p0171 p0174 '99 silverado

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by FergusonT, Jan 4, 2013.

1. FergusonT

FergusonT New Member

SES light comes on, throws the 2 codes. A lot of search results come up with, the trucks run poorly. In my case the truck runs fine. I just installed a fuel pump/filter. My dad actually just commented on how well it runs and sounds. I plan to clean the MAF tomorrow.

It does have an exhaust leak starting, so thinking that o2 sensor might be something.
  2. shibby2oo8

shibby2oo8 New Member

Airtex pump from az? Codes happen after change?
  3. j cat

j cat Active Member 1000 Posts

with these codes when thrown at the same time is a vacuum leak. replace the PCV and make sure the hoses have no leaks cracks.

could also be air intake hose leaking after the MAF. intake manifold gaskets typical vacuum areas of a leak issue.
  4. FergusonT

FergusonT New Member

Also today it was warmer than yesterday, and on my way to work the check engine light went off. Not sure if thats worth mentioning. I'm going to replace the PCV and clean the MAF today.

Is there any certain PCV that is recommended?
  5. j cat

most stores have ac delco.

make sure the pcv valve cover rubber fixture holds the valve securely.. check hoses before going to store including the other hose that the crankcase vents to the throttlebody area.

check that the dip stick is securely seated.
  6. FergusonT

FergusonT New Member

[​IMG]

This thing is loose.....

- - - Updated - - -

My local advance has a Wells, Purolator, and Fram in stock. Worth it to wait for an ac delco?
  7. Conlan Rose

Conlan Rose Super Moderator 1000 Posts

Always worth the wait. AC Delco makes your oem parts that are built to last. Buy it on amazon if you can it will save some money.
  8. j cat

I believe that is the vac solenoid valve for the fuel evap system. that hose should go to the fuel canister .

should be an O ring seal. may appear loose but as long as it has a seal it should be not leaking.
  9. FergusonT

FergusonT New Member

I pulled it in the warehouse where I work and let it warm up, no fuel line chattering.