Newest Gallery Photos

1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

P0300 random misfire

Discussion in 'Chevy Tahoe Forum (GMC Yukon, Cadillac Escalade)' started by loic, Sep 6, 2011.

1. loic

loic Rockstar

on my 99 tahoe 4wd ( about 150k miles), my engine light went on and got this code, also a couple weeks ago, it was saying bank 1 to rich..
    spark plug are only a couple months old.
    what could cause the misfire? ( before changing the plugs I also had the random misfire code show up then went away as I changed the plugs)
  2. 99'HEARTBEAT

99'HEARTBEAT Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Trouble Code...P0300.....a Random Misfire, may mean that one or more of the following has happened

• Faulty spark plugs or wires
    • Faulty coil (pack)
    • Faulty oxygen sensor(s)
    • Faulty fuel injector(s)
    • Burned exhaust valve
    • Faulty catalytic converter(s)
    • Stuck/blocked EGR valve / passages
    • Faulty camshaft position sensor
    • Defective computer
    What Brand of Spark Plugs did you install??
  3. loic

loic Rockstar

I don't remember the brand, they may be bosh, ill have to look.
    I must say that I don't like your list.......
    I changed the o2 sensors a couple months ago.
    That truck has a throttle body spacer and magnaflow exaust (was like this when I bought it)
  4. 99'HEARTBEAT

99'HEARTBEAT Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Regarding which Spark plugs you installed......The Vortec Engines Run And Perform Better when A/C Delco Plugs are installed, and the ones you want are the......A/C Delco Platinum Spark Plugs......with the Bosh plugs, that may be why you are getting a Random Misfire.
  5. loic

loic Rockstar

Easy enough, ill change them and see.
    Thanks.
  6. 99'HEARTBEAT

I see you have a 99"......do you know if the Spark Plug Wires are the Original ones from the Factory??.....if so I would go with a New Set of Plug Wires.......
  7. loic

loic Rockstar

no, they dont look OEM, but some are kinda short that make some of the plug boot bent a little
  8. 99'HEARTBEAT

From what you have just mentioned Regarding the Wires.....I would get a Correct set of Spark Plug Wires.
  9. loic

loic Rockstar

ok, is there any brand/model that are more recommended than others ?
  10. 99'HEARTBEAT

You could go with Factory Plug Wires or Aftermarket Wires......MSD....Talyor.....or JBA.......you could Go either way.