1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

P0300, undermoderate load, high rpm.

Discussion in 'GM Powertrain' started by Rocknut88, Apr 21, 2011.

1. Rocknut88

Rocknut88 New Member

Ok guys Ive seen alot of these threads but nothing so far that pertains to my vehicle. I have a 2002 chevrolet silverado 4x4 standard package 4.8L. The problem im having starts like this, When i decide to get into the throttle hard and it drops to 3rd gear when it gets around 3500 rpms and or about 80 mph i get a service engine light thats flashes, this being my p300 or random misfire code. I just changed out the plugs with new ac delco platinum plugs. I cleared the codes with my code scanner and so far i havent drove it enough for it to come back, I have a gut feeling that it will come back and i was wondering if anyone else has expirenced this problem or multiple of these problems and could give me some places to look. Thanks :)