1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

p0442 and p0455 codes

Discussion in 'Chevy Trailblazer Forum (GMC Envoy)' started by trippinout, Jul 22, 2009.

1. trippinout

trippinout New Member

Hi all, did some searching for these codes and they all mention another code (p0499). I have not gotten that code, but am wondering if the codes I have are preemptive to that code. Its a 2006 Chevy Trailblazer 4.3L 6 cyl. I have already purchased a new gas cap and cleared the codes. Now they are back...any help would be appreciated.
  2. dsfloyd

dsfloyd New Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

If you have checked/replaced the gas cap you need to look for a hole in the evap system. the p0455 is a large leak and the other is a small leak in the system. Its going to be in a hose or other part of the fuel evap system. Others may have specific fixes to these codes
  3. Jimmiee

Jimmiee New Member 1000 Posts

The quickest way to find the leak is with a smoke machine. Whatever you do don't blow air into the tank! Find a shop with a smoke machine and the leak will appear in no time. Other wise you will just being throwing parts at it. The leak may be in the back around the tank or anywhere in between the tank and the engine.