1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

P0446 and EVAP issues.

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by kwperry, Jul 10, 2012.

1. kwperry

kwperry New Member

Heya, I have a 2005 Chevy 2500HD with the 6.0 Vortec in it. A few days ago, the SES light flipped and spit out the error code P04406 when I scanned it. I have found a few good threads on this forum regarding possible causes and fixes for this code. I would like to try and clean the valve rather than replacing it. I am still a little confused as to the actual location of the vent valve I am looking for. I located a small canister on the read of the gas tank, held on by a sliding clip. After taking this canister off, I removed the solenoid attached to the side of it. This solenoid has 1 hose attachment and 1 electrical connector. I looks like this ( http://imgur.com/xbNkT ). Is this the solenoid for the vent valve that I need to clean, or do I need to follow the outgoing hose farther up and clean something else. Upon following the hose I found that it connects via a quick connector to an unknown black box. This black box also has 2 other hoses coming into it. I was able to remove the hose running from the canister to this box. Do I simply need to stick an air hose in there and clean it out? Or what else is it that I need to do to make that valve operate properly again?

If you need any additional information from me just let me know.

Thanks in advance.
  2. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

I too have had the 0449 code for the past 2 weeks since I got gas at a Hess Station, I have tried to clear it with my programer but can't.. Any ideas?

08 Avalanche 5.3
  3. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Well update for me.... Started the truck today and the Light is Off..... :)