1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

P0449 cel

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by Als09Sierra, Aug 24, 2012.

1. Als09Sierra

Als09Sierra Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I called my dealership, what a joke. Parts dept is open 730am to 430pm. No weekends, no late hrs and they won't ship or leave the part for me to pickup. So, I went onto Gmpartsdirect.com, and found the solenoid for about half the price. I just need to give them the VIN to confirm if it's the right kit and what's included. There's tubing that you need to relocate the solenoid, and the kit doesn't show tubing. Once I confirm I'll order from them. Only downside is it takes 5-7 days and no priority delivery, but that gives me until next weekend to install.
  2. Als09Sierra

Ordered my kit today from GMPartsDirect.com. Good price, although they hit you with $20 for shipping and no rush options. Still saving over dealership prices.
  3. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Cool I'm free Monday and heading out to Farmingdale for a drop off today... If your out there call me..
  4. Als09Sierra

I won't have the part until late next week, and am working during the week. Let me know if you can do a weekend. We can go fishing once we have the parts installed. :money:
  5. MoBillyAla

MoBillyAla Rockstar 100 Posts

Well, my CEL came back on this morning.. I am assuming it will be related to the same EVAP error I have been having issues with. Will update once I know for sure. Makes me glad that I went ahead and bought the extended warranty last weekend, almost chickened out thinking that my issues were resolved..
  6. Als09Sierra

Let me know what the dealer says. The part didn't show up today. Hopefully tomorrow, otherwise I'm delayed another week.
  7. Als09Sierra

Trying to post videos...let's see if this works.

I installed the new solenoid and filter today, and it was quick. I got the kit from GMPartsdirect and bough a length of 5/8 heater hose (or similar) from the local Car Quest. I just need to get the hose clamps and it's done.

This first video is tough to see, and may make some seasick, but I followed the solenoid forward to the "filter", which on my '09 is already on the tranny. The old one popped out and the new one popped right back in. The solenoid takes a little more work and cutting to remove, but all in all a pretty easy replacement. If this vid works, I'll post the other.

[​IMG]

If you made it through the first vid without getting sick, this one shows the tools used, the parts replaced and the hose. I have a third vid on my Photobucket account, but it shows that my remote start works after I cleared the CEL with my iPhone goLink cable and app.

[​IMG]
    Last edited: Sep 16, 2012
  8. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

need a little more light but looks good.. I'll be right over...
  9. Als09Sierra

It was hard to tell when I took the vid if there was enough light or not. Then I realized after I took it that the phone was upside-down, but all in all a pretty easy replacement. Come on out and we'll take care of yours too.