1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

P0455 Gross leak Evap system :(

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by elementalwindx, Nov 3, 2012.

1. elementalwindx

elementalwindx New Member

I literally JUST bought this 2007 LTZ Avalanche black on black and have only owned it less than a week and I get this check engine code. w-t-f.

I did a visual inspection of some of the system that I think was related to it. Hoses looked fine. I took off the gas cap and inspected it, and it appeared almost new. However I looked down into the gas fill hose area directly where you would put the fill hose and the metal flap doesn't seem to close all the way. Correct me if I am wrong, but isn't that metal flap inside the fill hose supposed to be 100% closed and couldn't that be my gross evap leak? Is this a common problem? If so any idea what part # I would need to fix it and how I could go about getting it done? Certainly hope I don't have to drop the gas tank to do it! :(

Thanks guys.