1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

P0894:(

Discussion in 'GM Powertrain' started by gandulf2003, May 4, 2009.

1. gandulf2003

gandulf2003 New Member

Hello

I really need your help

i have a chevy silverado 2007 classic body 2500 HD Ext.Cab, i bougt it new from the dealer .
    i notiesed that the engine sign on , so i toke my ride to the dealer and they said that they flashed my "OBD" !!! and the code was ((P0894)) . after 3 hours the sign come back and they said they have to open the transmition to check what is the problem !!!!! the broplem is the trans. 3rd to 4th gear are rough and some time its smoothe , some times the geares are smothe and after 45 minute the gears are unbilevable its like a transgo .

please help me i like my ride like my son :) and i allready name it BOSHANNOF.
    when i searched online there was so many opinions
    1-change the trans.
    2-reflash the OBD
    3-change tourqe converter
    4-drive on overrive mode

and i thing that you have to now that i'm useing the Superchips, i thought when i remove the programmer the broplem will go but still same thing.

and if anyone know the type on my transmition is it 4L60E or 4L80E !!!!!!!!!

pleaseeeeeee help me
    Last edited: May 4, 2009
  2. wheatley

wheatley New Member GMTC Sponsor

in the 2500Hd you have the 4L80E tranny.
    P0894 code is Transmission component slipping.
  3. gandulf2003

gandulf2003 New Member

OK but the Transmission component slipping can be fixed or not???
  4. L0sts0ul

L0sts0ul Rockstar 100 Posts

drive it till it dies, and rebuild it.

thats what I would suggest.

you could get 100k on it, or 10k, you never know...but either way... you can limp it to the shop.
  5. gandulf2003

gandulf2003 New Member

thats mean the dealer was right about change the trans. or re built it, how comes this issue happened to a heavey duty trans. !!!!!

now if i will rebiult the trans. can i upgrade it!!! and how?
  6. L0sts0ul

L0sts0ul Rockstar 100 Posts

just happens man, its the way of things. HAuling and not using a tranny cooler? wrong oil? so on and so forth.
  7. Shade tree mechanic

Shade tree mechanic New Member

bringing old thread back, Am having the same problem here, and I have had the trans changed but that did not solve the problem, any ideas!
  8. Jimmiee

Jimmiee Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

A P0894 as you know is a slip code. The PCM sees a difference between input and output speed and the calculation indicates a slip. A can be a torque converter slipping or a faulty speed sensor or something causing a false signal that the PCM sees as a slip. You can throw parts at this but the best way to pinpoint the problem is to drive the vehicle while watching the PIDS on a scanner. You can see if the speed sensors are working correctly and that the torque converter is or isn't working as it should. You will need a professional scanner to do this like a Tech II, Snap On or the like.