p1518 code

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by ashaw454, Jan 7, 2009.

1. ashaw454

ashaw454 New Member

I have a p1518 code ecm to tac module communication problem, checked wires wires at connections replaced tac module and no luck. have also checked throttle body truck has new engine and new sensors. 03 2500hd 2wd auto 6.0 litre. any help would be appreciated

2. JMoney02

JMoney02 Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

According to the 99-06 2wd/4wd Emissions chart that I have, P1518 Is Throttle actuator control, invalid or missing data, P1517 goes along with it but states that the throttle failed internal data test. Not sure where you got the code info from but appears that its incorrect? So check the wires to the throttle body again and any that are feeding the injectors.... Does the truck start? What does it period, beside giving a CODE?

Jeff

3. ashaw454

ashaw454 New Member

Yes the truck starts runs good for a few minutes then throws the code. In the dic it also says reduced power. the p1518 code is the only code that comes up.i checked it four or five times and it is correct. i used a snap-on solus to reteive the info. i can clear the code and it will come back after a about 20 seconds.

4. JMoney02

JMoney02 Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

What happens after it runds good? Does it fell like the code states," It's Lost Power?". or is the DIC showing "Reduced Engine Power?", if this is the correct display, you need to check any/all of the cooling system features and components. This message is displayed when the cooloing system temperature gets to hot and the engine will enter the coolant protection mode, this will keep the truck from further damage internally. Now, if the 8.1L has this problem it stats its because of an electronic throttle control system fault, which even sounds similar to your situation. So check to see if the coolant is circulating, termo is operating. Becasue the original post appears to a electrical issue, not loss of power problem.
    What sensors did you replace, as stated?

Jeff