1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Pace Edwards LK280 Tailgate Lock integration

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by LGSONE, Oct 13, 2011.

1. LGSONE

LGSONE New Member

First post here, looks like a great site for information. Have a question I hope someone can help with.

I ordered a Pace power tailgate lock and I want to integrated it a bit more nicely then they suggest if possible.
    I have a 08 1500 LTZ Ext Cab 5.3 4x4. What I would like to do if possible is order keyfobs for a Tahoe that have the trunk / liftgate button on them and program them to work with my truck and the Pace power lock. I would like to wire up the Pace power tailgate lock into the truck so the keyfob will unlock the doors as they do now but also have a seperate button for the tailgate / liftgate. My hopes are to use the liftgate button to just unlock the bed and then just hit the lock button to lock all doors as we all do now. So, is this even possible with the Silverado, if so does anyone have the knowledge to point me in the right direction. I know the dealer will have to reprogam some things, what exactly I don't know. I already have a G4 Elite locking tonneau cover and I thought this would be an great upgrade. Right now the Pace instructions just have you tie into the standard lock wiring so it unlocks with the doors. If I were to do an aftermarket alarm they have options for this but that is a more expensive upgrade I don't really have a need for. I've been on here searching and I don't see anything relevant to this question. But if I have missed something my apologies. I did however find out some other great information and it is was prompted me to go ahead and post this. Thoughts, opinions, flames, all welcome.

Thanks folks
    LGSONE

2. Greg84

Greg84 Rockstar 100 Posts

Are you positive the SUV's have a separate lock for the rear hatch? When I had a trailblazer the lock system on the rear gate was tied in with the rest of the doors..

3. LGSONE

LGSONE New Member

ill double check at the dealer but if i recall correctly the remote would activate the power lock and opening motor..

4. LGSONE

LGSONE New Member

GM part number 15915415 is the remote for my buddies Tahoe keyfob with a liftgate button.

5. Greg84

Greg84 Rockstar 100 Posts

That sounds like its meant open and close the liftgate automatically, not necessarily lock it or unlock it.. The lock is probably unrelated to the automatic opening latch, going back to what I remember about my trailblazer when I had the hatch apart when you "locked" it, a rod moved away from the latch handle so if you tried to open it while locked the liftgate handle had nothing to grab inside the door. But if you triggered the key fob it would still pop open like normal, even if the locks were in the "lock" position..