1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Paint faded on my 2006 Uplander

Discussion in 'Ask GM Customer Service' started by Bigbomber, May 8, 2011.

1. Bigbomber

Bigbomber New Member 1000 Posts

I purchased my 06 Uplander new in 06 and noticed last year that the paint on the front behind both wheels has faded and feels rough to the touch.I took it to my dealer and the service manager told me that its from road rash and that i should have purchased mud guards.I have a five year warranty and i also purchased the 5 year paint protection plan when i bought it.Please tell me if their excuse is valid or should they be on the hook to fix it.
  2. kerobinsonii

kerobinsonii New Member

I would call the customer service number on your paint warranty contract and express your extreme displeasure with the dealers response. I had a 2006 Uplander for 4 years that I bought new and had no such wear.

Attached Files:

3. It is possible that this is the result of wear from not having the mud flaps. The amount of wear would depend on where you live and what kind of road conditions you have been driving in. I would recommend purchasing the mud flaps and seeing if this helps. If your vehicle continues to wear at this rate, please feel free to contact me then. Thank you.

Tricia, GM Customer Service.