Paint nerf bars black??

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Accessories' started by TrailFiend, Dec 11, 2007.

1. TrailFiend

TrailFiend Rockstar

my tahoe is all black, exept for the rims and nerf bars. im thinking of painting the nerf's black, or maybe get them powder coated. i go off road alot, so im wondering if it would be pointless, as they are subject to rocks and **** getting spit up on them? has anyone done this?

2. tbplus10

tbplus10 Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts Platinum Contributor

I have sliders on my Tacoma (kinda like nerf bars, except they sit closer to the body and are made of heavier gauge DOM) that are powder coated and they've held up well considering the beating I've given them.
    A previous truck I owned had painted sliders and they didnt fare as well.

3. Doug C.

Doug C. Rockstar

Warn makes what they call 4X steps, they are individual black steps for each door. They have 1/4 inch plates that mount to the frame, so no drilling.The step itself then attaches to the plates with wing nuts, very easy removal for offroading. I've had them on my black 01 HD 2500 crew cab for almost 8 years now, they still look like brand new. Can anybody say that for any 2 year old sissy bars? I had $500.00 stainless sissy bars on my 99, enen with polishing every other week, the front outer and rear inner bends looked like hell from road debris. Plus sissy bars are so friggin comman.