Paint scheme?

Discussion in 'The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat' started by 383man, Nov 6, 2010.

Newest Photos

1. 383man

383man New Member 100 Posts

So i know this is a little off topic, but I just tore down a quad i just got in a trade and am going to rebuild it, im getting the frame and components powdercoated and new plastics, i need some input on what to paint it like, skys the limit really, just was thinking metallic black frame and carbon fiber white plastics, with white a-arms, what do you guys think, any pictures you guys wanna post of some good combos thatd be great too, thanks. oh ya, its a 2004 polaris predator. i have a blue on silver yfz450 already too so i want something a little differant in color.
    -Ryan
  2. stephan

stephan New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Hey Ryan, I think black A arms & fenders to go along with the black frame would look good. I've never seen a quad that was black & white, but I have seen a couple cars painted that b&w scheme & they just didn't look right. Small red accents look great with black, & gold looks pretty good too.... just my .02 cents
  3. HawaiiKid

HawaiiKid New Member 100 Posts

Honestly if you really wanna stick out...orange frame with black plastics, like a KTM bike :)

Edit: for example...

[​IMG]
  4. 383man

well i like the black on black look, just seems like its overdone, the only reason i thought white on black was, well, look at the pictures of my truck...lol. the ktm look is pretty sweet too, definately a top contender, just dont know if i want to go that route and make it look like a ktm quad ya know.
  5. ThatSilverStepside

ThatSilverStepside New Member 100 Posts

I'm probably the only one that would like this idea, but, How about green frame and a-arms, with white plastics...I used to have a dirtbike that scheme and really liked it
  6. 383man

you have any pictures of it? sounds kinda cool...
  7. murdog94

murdog94 New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Since its a polaris i would do some blue accents on the white (to keep the polaris badge theme) Your other option is to powder coat the frame white and do black plastics (kinda reverese of what most people so) and i think that could be wicked since that is in reverse of what most people do, since there are a few up here that run that black frame white plastics..
  8. Bigbomber

Bigbomber New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

I knew you were thinking white, that was going to be my suggestion.
  9. ntbush83

ntbush83 New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

You beat me to it! I was gonna suggest that combo!
  10. HawaiiKid

HawaiiKid New Member 100 Posts

Yeah, the KTM look is pretty sweet right? I had forgotten that they make quads though, so you prob don't wanna be seen as just copying that. I like the idea of a white frame and black plastics too, or Mike's idea withe the white frame/blue plastics for the Polaris theme.